Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I work at a ski resort in Colorado and currently our administration is reacting to any potential Corona issues by canceling a lot of events and closing things down.

Does anyone have any information or rumors on whether or not permits will be affected? As far as allowing people to access the rivers?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Honestly if they start shutting everything down, I’m headed to the river. Perfect place to get away from all of it.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,478 Posts
Don't give them any ideas.

River trips are small group and outside which limits exposure. Don't make out with your buddies in the kitchen and wash your hands. If someone is coughing , take them off kitchen duty, per usual and you might not want to share a tent. Norovirus is a bigger threat on the river.

I mean, yes! Cancel your permits while you can get your money back!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Thank god we have the bestest and greatest leader the world has ever seen...... running this reality TV show.......It's a political hoax I tell ya. The Dems are behind this......it's all fake news. ;) Vote MAGA and it will all be gone in a few weeks.

(anyone have a roll of toilet paper I can borrow???)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Apparently, in the post apocalyptic world, a roll of toilet paper will be the currency of choice. WHo knew?:rolleyes:

It is an interesting glimpse into how rapidly stooopid things will get if something actually bad ever happens.

As for rumors....I heard in China, 10 days after dying from the virus, the victims start coming back to life and shuffling around the streets, eating rats. So bring that AR 15 on your river trips for that possibility, too. There was a OARS commercial trip that went sick and then missing down in the Grand Canyon last week...so be ready. Truth!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm floating the Salt in two weeks, driving down from Wyoming. I'm concerned that Governors will call out the National Guard to block roads while I'm down there, and I won't be able to get home.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I'm floating the Salt in two weeks, driving down from Wyoming. I'm concerned that Governors will call out the National Guard to block roads while I'm down there, and I won't be able to get home.
I think you'll have problems leaving the state instead of returning home. At least you have a couple of weeks to watch the situation unfold. I feel for you and anyone else with near future travel plans. Good luck buzzards.:(

·
Registered
28 Posts
I heard the coronavirus was attached to successful Yampa launch emails for trips between June 22 and July 10. I recommend dropping them today.

JK...but watching rec.gov...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
A valid concern in my opinion. Travel restrictions are already in play.
I agree. An abundance of caution now is much better than an abundance of regret later. These aren't firm numbers but potentially over 5x more contagious, 5x more latent and 5x the mortality of the common flu in my age group is a bug not to trivialize.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank god we have the bestest and greatest leader the world has ever seen...... running this reality TV show.......It's a political hoax I tell ya. The Dems are behind this......it's all fake news. ;) Vote MAGA and it will all be gone in a few weeks.

(anyone have a roll of toilet paper I can borrow???)
Found Some

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey Gov Polis (Co) just said group gatherings of 250 people or less are ok...... So keep your launch groups under 250!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Found Some
Suitable use of something so emblematic of incessant-brazen lying, hate, misogyny, racism, xenophobia, cheating, stealing, etc. But I should stop there before I say how I really feel. Perhaps we should move our thoughts to "The Eddy".

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
"caverdan"... "some people are like glow sticks...you want to shake them till the light come on"........that totally explains why my mother shook me so much when I was younger. I've had crabs for a year and a half, that's all I need is the corona virus now, but I only hang around with health conscious people so I should be fine, I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I'm out of here.......since I posted this morning.......three black helicopters have circled my house.....:shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
19 Posts
"caverdan"... "some people are like glow sticks...you want to shake them till the light come on"........that totally explains why my mother shook me so much when I was younger. I've had crabs for a year and a half, that's all I need is the corona virus now, but I only hang around with health conscious people so I should be fine, I'm sure.
I prefer "Some people are like slinkys. Generally useless, but put a smile on your face when pushed down a staircase".

Yes, it's easy to get "eddied out" in these forums. What were we talking about originally?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I'm trying not to get my hopes up. But, if no one is watching the chickens, this fox is going to make a run for it. Just saying!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Thank you for paying your taxes.

Found Some
Thank you for paying your taxes, I'm sure it went to the pay checks of alot of very fine people to keep America great and allow us all our freedoms. They all thank you. Some of my pay check might of even went to you at sometime in your life, if it did, I thank you too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hard to say. I would assume lots of cancellations, and permits available randomly as we get closer. For the Salmon I expect Yellowstone will be closed, thats easy so we wont be able to add the onto our trip. But given the levels over reaction, and given how much our Government likes to close things, yes, we could be in trouble. Things are falling apart around here quite a bit, and frankly I may be worried about leaving home depending on what happens. Being on the river is great, but if you come back to a home burned down....

1 - 20 of 171 Posts