Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a four bay frame from DRE. I am going back-and-forth on whether to build a dry box for under the chair or put the dry box in the second bay from the front. I'm a big guy at 6 foot 4, 220. I'm leaning towards the cooler in the second bay and have had some opinions in that direction as well. I'm wondering what you all think.

Thanks

Tda

·
Registered
522 Posts
I put a bench and hang bag in bay 1, cooler in bay 2, feet in bay 3, and dry box/seat in bay 4. I get into the cooler more often than anything else, so I didn't want to be sitting on it. Seems like a good layout, although it does put my towers a little back from center.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I agree with markhusbands and climbbd510 having cooler in bay opposite of your rowers bay keeps load evenly spread out. Unless you put rocks in your drybox....

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
North Fork
38 Posts
I have a 156D Aire, and I'm changing the configuration of my frame. I have three bays to utilize, and currently I have two dry boxes in the back (I sit on the front one), and a large Pacific Bag in the back. I have the cooler in the front, and my fire pan and water. My oars are centered now, and the boat seems to be stern heavy. So I am going to experiment on the Smith (June 17) with moving our kitchen dry box in front of the cooler, and sitting back farther on the frame. My oar positioning will be further back, but I think it will balance the boat better, and hopefully keep passengers further from the oars (think Mallard rapid on Main left sneak and shipping the left oar, and it catches on your daughter's PFD and then whacks her on the head as the oar is scratching on the wall.) That's what I will try, anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts