Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Im trying to figure out what size cooler and brands would fit a 12ft Highside raft. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am almost positive that most brands will fit. Do you have the boat? A tape measure should answer your question better than some randos on the internet...

Sorry, couldn't resist

If you don't run a frame, I recommend the RTIC soft coolers. They are tough, reasonably priced, easy to strap to a thwart, and easy to get into. I have the 30, and it had ice at the end of a 4 day trip recently.

If you have a frame, the Siberian coolers that are on clearance right now are great for boating, because they have a lip that rests on the frame and allows them to be easily strapped down. I am also a big fan of canyon coolers. If you can fit a canyon prospector 103 in there, that is probably the way to go.

Don't buy a yeti unless you can get a fantastic deal on one... You pay a lot for the name, and there are better coolers out there for boating in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I ran a Canyons 50 QT in my old Hyside 12 footer.

·
aka The Curmudgeon
354 Posts
As always, the biggest that will fit. If the sides of your boat wedge it in, then so much the better, just deflate a little, strap in the cooler and top the boat off. If budget allows, get one of the premium brands.

·
Registered
206 Posts
As others have attempted to state, more information is needed.

Off the cuff answer is Yeti 65.

On my 12' Hyside, we have an old basket frame. This means we are limited by the frame for width, and by aesthetics for height. Typically we run an old Igloo Marine in it for the passenger to sit on, but it sits a bit higher than I like. Ideally we would put a Yeti 65 since it is similar width, but shorter. If the Yeti 65, or something with similar dimensions becomes more affordable, then I will probably use that.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I would recommend the Igloo 72 Qt. Super Tough STX cooler which is their Marine Cooler on steroids with thicker walls and more insulation w/ stainless hinges and latches. I bet this will fit you space almost perfectly. I got mine on sale for just under $100 w/ shipping.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-72-Quart-Super-Tough-STX-Cooler/39462107

FYI, there is a recent thread on this exact topic on the Buzz you might be able to get a little more ideas from also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts