Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Canyon Prospector. It will also be a passenger seat, so I want to get a cover/pad for it. Those of you that have a cooler cover with a "skirt" around it, do you find that the skirt gets in the way when you open and close the lid of the cooler? I am currently leaning in the direction of just having short flaps on the sides and have snaps installed to keep it in place while sitting on it and when opening the cooler, and not having a skirt flap over the latches, and maybe, or maybe not have any flap on the hinge side.

·
Registered
346 Posts
With the latches on the canyon coolers, cooler pad flaps do get in the way. So you are better with just a pad on top. If you are opening the cooler only once a day, then the flaps won’t be too big of a deal.

Canyon makes a seat pad for the prospector, but it is $124

https://canyoncoolers.com/collections/accessories/products/seat-cusion?variant=9441537228857

I took a scrap foam pad (free) and wrapped the pad in white gorilla duct tape (about 1/3 of a $6 roll). Works for me on my canyon 75.

These canyon coolers are bomber, and the ice will last for days even without a pad to reflect some sun.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Mine isn’t a seat but I use a large thick white towel that I keep wet. Well, it used to be white. It leans a bit to the tan side after several desert river trips. I like the idea of a cover and pad, but can’t bear almost 1/2 the cost of a new cooler for a cover.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I’ve used covers with sides on them before, on rental rigs, and the flaps were kind of a pain in the ass.

For my own set up, I cover the cooler with a wet towel, then throw my Paco over it during the day, for my seat. I have some sections of foam hanging from the frame in front of and behind the cooler. It has worked out pretty good for me.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I used a cooler cover from jan at stitches n stuff... she will do custom sizes and put straps where you want them.. it was as simple as undoing one or two cam straps and flopping it off.. i run a day cooler for beer so am not in it a lot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got a Clavey heavy duty cooler cover 8 yrs ago. 150+ days and its still perfect. lost it once, not again. short lip. no issues w NRS/ Engel 123. saves the knees and helps cooler.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Jake at WhiteWaterWorthy made my cooler cover a number of years ago. It's white, padded and skirted. It's a good piece of kit - other than some dirt it looks new. The skirts don't get in the way of anything. We hold it down with some captive cam straps over the top.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts