Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to accumulate these things. Feels like a waste to just pitch them. What are some cool ideas y'all have seen to make these things into something useful?

Some of my Ideas:
-Dry bag, how hard would that be to make a roll top?
-Cooler float? would be more useful for lake drinking but idk.
-Tom Sawyer raft? lol idk

Just was curious!

Cheers,

Registered
When I bought my boat, it came with thwarts. I asked Sotar if they gave a discount if I didn't want them.
"No, but we'll charge you extra if you don't take them." 馃槃

They languished on the shelf in my shop for a few years. Think I pitched them when I moved.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if you could fashion them into one of those inflatable lean bars for fishing like these.
Vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior

even better would be some sort of table but I fear it would sag too much with the temp swings here in the mountains.

Registered
I am starting to accumulate these things. Feels like a waste to just pitch them. What are some cool ideas y'all have seen to make these things into something useful?

Some of my Ideas:
-Dry bag, how hard would that be to make a roll top?
-Cooler float? would be more useful for lake drinking but idk.
-Tom Sawyer raft? lol idk

Just was curious!

Cheers,
What brand of boat are they from? I'm looking for one for my 13' RMR

Registered
Not that you will find any hippos here in the states, but in Ethiopia we had problems with them occasionally chewing up our boats. Richard Bangs had the brilliant idea of stuffing thwarts into a destroyed tube and sewing it in to continue down the Omo. I guess the same idea could come in handy if anyone tangled with sharp rocky rapids or barbed wire here in the west. Lately I have been toying with the idea of using two to glue up a bomber guitar river bag.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts