Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sent in my drysuit to Stohlquist to get repaired at the beginning of September (yes, 4 months ago). Long story short, they refuse to repair my suit or give me an upgrade on a new suit. Fine, that sucks, but I understand (warranty issues).

However, now they are balking on returning my old, un-repaired suit. All I want is my old leaky drysuit back. I've been in contact with a woman from sales, but she doesn't seem to be doing anything. Does anyone have any contact info for someone higher up? Or any contacts not listed on their webpage? I've tried calling and emailing multiple times but no results so far.

I'm in OR, so I've been kayaking all winter, just in borrowed gear. I'm tired of using my friends' stuff, and it's cold up here. Anybody have any ideas for me?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Whoa...they won't give you YOUR dry suit back? They acknowledged receiving it but won't return it? Wow, I that's the case, that's some bad business right there.
Good luck. Sorry, I realize this isn't helpful...
Beth

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah, I've got some contacts for you.
I raised absolute hell with the company back in 2007. Here are the contacts I still have in my inbox from it:

Jim Stohlquist <[email protected]>
Marla Parkhurst <[email protected]>,
Brett <[email protected]>

I'm not sure if the emails are still valid. I also have no clue who the 2nd and 3rd contacts are (Jim cc'd them when responding to me). I'm pretty sure the first guy may be able to help.

Hope this goes smoothly for you! Hearing your story is another strike against them in my book.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Where did you send it? My understanding is that Jim sold all production rights to a company in China, and is just a stock holder now....not to say he doesn't have plenty of pull with the company, just curious as to where you sent it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent it to the repair shop in Alamosa, CO; the sales lady I have been talking to is in WA state. I don't think they're maliciously keeping my drysuit; I assume it just got misplaced somewhere in their warehouse or something, and since I'm not paying them they really have no incentive to get it found and returned quickly.

st2eelpot- Thanks for the contacts, hopefully one of those folks can can get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Anna I sent my suit in this summer and got good service but it did take a while I was speaking to someone directly in Alamosa which is the repair and warranty center The number there is 719-589-4800 They have goofy hours and with the holidays who knows..
Good luck
Scott

·
Registered
1 Posts
Easy guys

Hey there, I'm the rep in Colorado, I've NEVER heard of anyone having this much trouble getting a repair before so I wonder what the real story is. I am more then happy to help to get resolution. Please contact me at [email protected] .com and I will help you out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update- I got a call on friday from the sales rep I've been in contact with. She said that my old drysuit was "accidently destroyed" (?!!?) at the repair warehouse. However, now they are sending me a replacement drysuit at no cost, so everything worked out for me. Thanks for all the info everyone!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
"She said that my old drysuit was "accidently destroyed" (?!!?) at the repair warehouse."

It is very good that you are getting a new dry suit out of this.
However,
There has to be a heck of a lot more story here about the factory.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Anna's going to be rocking two new pieces of gear this winter?! What the hell!

;) Just kidding. Can't wait to see the new suit and the new boat!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Glad everything worked out. Stohlquist is a good company and the dry gear is still being made in Alamosa. Sucks you had a bad experience, hope you don't write them off in the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts