Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I drove by the Confluence and Cherry Creek today. Both are definitely up alot, but I wouldn't touch that water with a dead hooker's arm: think of all the built up crap and shmeg from the streets and gutters that will be washed into the river. That water also smelled awful! :(

Wait until runoff starts - stay away from the nastiness!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Ah, yes, it's easy to incite the dump on confluence crowd. Happens every confluence post. You guys sound like my spoiled teenage niece.

I was just down at confluence and had a good time.

But, I wonder what causes the 6 inch foam pile in the eddies. What in the water would cause all that foam? Kinda wierd.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I too hit the spike at confluence yesterday. I live so close it is hard to resist. It was fun, but it was nasty. Another paddler was surfing the last hole at the playpark, flipped, swallowed a bit of water, and then puked a little. He was finished pretty soon after that, and so was I. When I took my gear off, it just reeked this wierd and repulsive smell. I washed my gear and myself thoroughly when I got home.

As for the foam, its pretty nasty too. Foam can be natural from the procucts of decaying wood and plant life. It can also be unnatural if any detergents chemicals or any other crap get in the water. I suspect it is unnatural.

So a nasty day at confluence is still a fun day. I am not sick, no worse for the wear, and had a fun day. Earplugs, noseplugs, keeping your mouth shut and decontamination following the session are a must!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Your not sick now...but you wait. It needs time to incubate. That mild headache you'll have tomorrow evening is called a "prodrome". Then, monday am, your done. Better call work now and let them know you won't be in.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I basically learned how to boat at confluence (before Golden was in). Swam each one of those drops more times than I care to remember.Only got Giardia once.

What doesn't kill you...
Well could probably turn into something life threatening when you hit your 60s.

Surf it up.

Steve.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I usu stay away from the first big "flush" or two at connie, but after that, its good to go, still dirty, but not as bad. Some of the best stuff locally when its cranking.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah Connie is good when the water is right (skatepark at 1K is awesome) but the initial flush this week was one of hte worst I've seen in a long time. I took a look and thought better of it, esp, since the good features were still a long way from coming in at the 400 we had.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts