Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sort of imagined it would be here like it used to be at least in the form of a whole bunch of people asking about where the roll sessions are and when, but i guess everybody either a) knows by now or b) is communication telepathically and only speaks in public in order to make fun of me ..
anyway anyone interested in insitigating indoor endos inform i?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hope this is of help,
Sunday: Meyres Pool Denver, and i think some pool in Boulder
Tuesday: DU pool Richie center, and Golden Rec-center
Wednesday: CU pool (CU students only)
Thursday: Golden Rec-center
Friday: CU pool (CU students only)

These are the ones I know about but more are added throughout the off season like in Evergreen last year, plus there are even more outside the metro area, and probably several i don't know about. Occasionally you can "talk" ($) your local lifeguard or courtious rec-center staff into alowing you to goof around during some off hours. If this doesn't give you your chlorine fix, or at least totally ruin your spray skirt, check out the "retail, instruction, jobs" forum of the buzz i think i remember seeing some posts there. enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
argh

thanks a ton, i must be mistaken about the session im looking for
(non CU non Golden)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Pool Time

Confluence Kayaks offers pool rolling lessons as well as open pool to the public on Tuesday nights. The location is the Ritchie Center (U of Denver), near University and I-25, from 8:30-10:00. The cost is $5 for open pool. Call to sign up at 303-433-3676.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rolling instruction experiences wanted for book

I am seeking stories of personal experiences on learning to roll. (see adjacent post today).

I especially want stories of losing and regaining the roll, of problems experienced the first time, and of fears and mental blocks that get in the way.

If anyone wants to seek comments on my behalf, feel free to print and distribute my note to one of these roll sessions. Thanks!

Kent Ford
[email protected]

·
Max Young
31 Posts
Sunday and Thursday night open pool

RAGuides has basic kayak instructional courses on Sunday night from 6:30-8:30pm at the Sheridan Recreation Center and roll courses on Thursday night from 7-9pm at the Englewood Recreation Center. There is open pool space available on a pre-registered basis during these sessions for $5/boater, no equipment provided. Call Max @ 303-257-9566 to sign-up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts