Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo buzzards. Going to a wedding near Cotopaxi on the ark this weekend. Was thinking about taking my 6 yr old kids on a mellow raft trip. Any recommendations for outfitters and or stretches that would be mellow and relatively short? Proximity to Cotopaxi is nice but willing to head upstream if need be.

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yo buzzards. Going to a wedding near Cotopaxi on the ark this weekend. Was thinking about taking my 6 yr old kids on a mellow raft trip. Any recommendations for outfitters and or stretches that would be mellow and relatively short? Proximity to Cotopaxi is nice but willing to head upstream if need be.

Thanks!
Arkansas River Tours. They're 1/2 a mile from Cotopaxi and offer plenty of mellow floats up there.

Great folks.

Full Disclosure: I used to work there.

·
Registered
67 Posts

Thanks!
Echo Canyon River Expeditions, Arkansas River Tours (ART) and Rock'N'Row (RNR) all run trips in the Cotapaxi area. ART and RNR both have offices in Cotopaxi. I think Journey Quest (Vessels For Honor) might also run trips up that way.
Echo's trip starts at Canyon Trading Post and runs to Lone Pine.
I'm not sure which stretches the other outfitters run in that section.

That being said, I also see tons of 6yr olds on the Bighorn Sheeps Canyon section (usually Salt Lick to Parkdale, but quicker trips from Spikebuck to Parkdale are also run) if you are looking for some rapids.

I work for Arkansas Valley Digital Imaging. I'm mostly familiar with the Bighorn and The Royal Gorge but we do take photos for Echo on the upper section which is why I'm familiar with that. I am not familiar with companies that run upstream of Cotopaxi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts