Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of coming up to Denver in June. I am thinking of taking a two day class with one of the outfitters for intermediate kayaking skill development. I am currently looking at doing something on the Arkansas. Any recommendations? I have a solid class III river roll, and would like to polish ferries, peelouts, and learn to surf and play a bit vs. go into hole, surf for 5 seconds and wipe out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
499 Posts
You will have a lot of fun, tha Ark is unique for Colorado in that it has many, many miles of Class III. Browns Canyon is the classic run, and is extremely crowded. If you've paddled the Ocoee it would probably be about the same, different style of rapids but the crowds and difficulty would be comparable.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Call Confluence kayaks, Colorado Kayak Supply, and Boulder Outdoor Center. All of them have classes and their websites are: www.confluencekayaks.com, www.coloradokayak.com, and www.boc123.com. You could also call Arkansas Valley Adventures if you're just looking for a guide to the valley who could provide lunch, show you down the river, and reduce the hassle of finding putins/takeouts. Their website is www.coloradorafting.net

1 - 3 of 3 Posts