Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, so this post goes out to any paramedics or health care professionals who might be able to suggest a good service/place to live/work in Co. Ill be moving from Asheville NC and am looking for a good 911 provider in an affordable area. Now i know these areas aren't too money friendly but i have been looking into Summit County Ambulance service and Pride Mark on the front range. Any ideas, tips, people to call would be greatly apperciated. I will be graduating from Paramedic school in May so a busy 911 service is probably going to sound more apealing. The county i work in right now does about 27,000 calls a year. Any ideas would be great, thanks.
Eric S.
Team JK

·
Registered
43 Posts
huckit21,
Not cheap and not as busy as Ashville, but a great organization. Check out Eagle County Ambulace District (echsd.org). Located in eastern Eagle County, Vail. PM me and I can give you contact info and more info if you're interested.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Try Fort Collins

Check out Poudre Valley Hospital ambulance service. Covers the urban core, and on up into the hills. A wide variety of call types and I don't think the pay's too bad. Housing is reasonable and the Poudre is a great river.
Good luck in your hunt.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
come to the springs, lots of stigmata cases

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Oh, that was GOOD! Stigmata in the Springs... along with weeping statues and meth snorting homophobic homosexual fundie wackjobs. You, my friend, live in a parallel universe. How do you manage?

come to the springs, lots of stigmata cases

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Thanks, its always interesting to live here but you know most people struggle to find someone to abuse, Texans, Tourists, Californians. For me its easy I just look out the window.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check out Grand County EMS - they're always looking for quality folks - it's a bit more affordable than Summit County, but hurry - they're building like cuh-razy around here! (970) 887-2732

P.S. Check out: winterparklifestyle.com to view MLS property listingsolorado & Grand County Real Estate Website

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just my 0.02 Summit may look like a busy district but the fact is that most of their transports come from the ski mountain and are not acute emergencies. Vail is the same way but they have I70 running through their district which keeps them busier than summit. Pridemark is a great system, it is divided into two sections. One is boulder and surrounding areas and the other is westminster, arvada and other surrounding areas. I have worked/ gone to school with medics and emt's from Grand county and were not impressed at all.

I would suggest Denver Paremedics. I have no connection to them but know that they provide good care. They were in the news awhile back for some unproffesional actions, but that has been addressed. They see way more medical and trauma than anyone in the state. Denver is great place to live and you can excape the city within minutes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the advice, and please keep it coming. A busy service is something that is important coming straight out of school. I am also interested in getting involved with ski patrol at paramedic level so access to a resort would be nice. So far, Pridemark is looking like my best option. Still open for more great suggestions. Thanks

Eric
Team JK

·
Registered
536 Posts
The Denver Health medics are definately the busiest and see the most trauma (I think ~80,000 calls/year with ~45,000 transports). They work 4 10's a week, dual paramedic rigs (alternate driving/attending), and have a lot of continuing ed with the training program at Denver Health.
If you're just looking for a job, Rural/Metro runs on a Kelly schedule so you get paid to sleep and lots of days off - but Aurora Fire is medical direction, so on the really cool calls the FD medic will take the lead.

Good luck with the job hunt

·
V for Victory
329 Posts
May I suggest Clear Creek EMS? I-70 and no such thing as an interfacility or a short transport time.

DG (DH) is the ultimate high volume service.

Summit is hard to get in on.

If you are Fire/EMS type... West Metro Fire runs 48/96 and transports their 911s... they pay well too

Eagle (east) and Summit do NOT count as affordable areas. Grand does not count as affordable when you consider what Grand pays (unless you want to live in the boonies) + Grand ALS does a LOT of interfacilities. West Eagle is slower and affordable, but good luck getting on that service.

Just my 0.02 Summit may look like a busy district but the fact is that most of their transports come from the ski mountain and are not acute emergencies. Vail is the same way but they have I70 running through their district which keeps them busier than summit.
I-70 runs through Summit County too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts