Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter blues getting you down? Come to Oregon. EVERYTHING is running. Paradise on earth.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'm flying into Portland on 1/3 and interviewing at OHSU on 1/4 for residency. I've kicked the idea around to try and paddle on 1/5. Think anything epic will be running? I'd have to lug a drysuit across the country and then try and find a boat and a crew to paddle with. Also need to find a place to stay there in Portland. Any advice on good places to stay near the hospital?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GAtoCSU said:
I'm flying into Portland on 1/3 and interviewing at OHSU on 1/4 for residency. I've kicked the idea around to try and paddle on 1/5. Think anything epic will be running? I'd have to lug a drysuit across the country and then try and find a boat and a crew to paddle with. Also need to find a place to stay there in Portland. Any advice on good places to stay near the hospital?
There is always something good near Portland. Not sure about where to stay as I'm in Central Oregon. Go to pdxkayaker.org and put out the word. You should be able to hook up with a crew, no problem. You can rent boats at next adventure, alder creek or kayak shed in hood river.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Charlie lets plan a trip. I start work Monday. its four day on, three off. Plenty of time to have some quality river time

·
Registered
478 Posts
Charlie lets plan a trip. I start work Monday. its four day on, three off. Plenty of time to have some quality river time
So down! I just got laid off and really have a few runs on my list. I head to Driggs for family stuff around X-mas but been thinking about an Oregon trip for a bit now. Canyon Creek, EF Lewis, Eagle Creek, WF Hood, Wind.... yeah, lets roll.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Add the Upper East Fork Hood to that list if the conditions are right, which they probably won't be around Christmas. 200+ fpm of 2-3' mini-boofs.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
If you're in that vicinity and opal gorge is flowin, do not miss that beauty. Not sure how close you can drive to the get-in though..snow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey montuckyhuck...a buddy and i are heading down that way from dec. 12th to the 20th and have a few of the same runs on our hit list...let me know if you wanna hook up for some paddling in that time frame

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Make it happen. I've been on 4 new rivers in the past week and a half. Tomorrow is #5. More rain and snow on the way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts