Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple days ago a group of us were at the take out above bob senior on Hwy 6 and a state trooper told us we could not park there anymore. Now the no parking signs have been up for a couple years but i thought that was to keep out the people selling peaches on that corner not to keep out the boaters. Yesterday i saw 5 cars parked there and no tickets on the cars, my question is can we still park there our not?

p.s. sorry Spear for getting the only ticket out of all of us for no seat belt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That Asshole Cop Gave Me and my buddy Seatbelt tickets too! $146.00 Screw that Pig, All the State Cops are doing is Ticketing the little Man so they can make $$$$, So I'm Gona start selling Crack, Because there to busy writing Parking, and Seatbelt tickets. So If you need yer Fix come see me under Bob, I'll Be Cracking it up.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Click it or ticket

You must not watch TV ever, because they have been advertising how much they for be enforcing their new Click it or Ticket campain.

Billboards, print ads, TV ads, flashing signs on the highway. Really how could you miss it? It's like they are say "HEY! Wear your seat belt or We WILL FINE YOU!!!!" It's a conspiracy for sure.

Thanks for the heads up dude.

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
Just another reminder that the CSP works for the insurance industry.

·
Registered
255 Posts
That Asshole Cop Gave Me and my buddy Seatbelt tickets too! $146.00 Screw that Pig, All the State Cops are doing is Ticketing the little Man so they can make $$$$, So I'm Gona start selling Crack, Because there to busy writing Parking, and Seatbelt tickets. So If you need yer Fix come see me under Bob, I'll Be Cracking it up.

Paul - i'm admittedly in a horrible mode today, but your post is the dumbest post i've seen all year. and there's some pretty dumb shit on the buzz. i wonder if you read this and think that it sounds at all intelligent, rational, or logical?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Paul - i'm admittedly in a horrible mode today, but your post is the dumbest post i've seen all year. and there's some pretty dumb shit on the buzz. i wonder if you read this and think that it sounds at all intelligent, rational, or logical?
I'm pretty sure he was kidding and TRYING to be dumb, you guys take this online forum sh!t WAY to seriously.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Agree with the ticketing. The CSP's has had the same speed trap in Glenwood that they scope everyday. Literally every time I have been down to surf in west Glenwood I see ole' smokey sitting up on the ramps as you approach the final tunnel headed west. I understand keeping speeders in check but when you see them day in and out in the same spot doing the same thing it makes you wonder what else they do.
As for the tickets in Avon, I always park there and have not been ticketed, yet. Now im not so sure. I know rafters take out there commercially but then again they have a driver with their rigs.

h

·
Registered
34 Posts
I parked there last night, no ticket. But, I think from now on I'll park in Beaver Creek East lot just to stay clear of the man. And what about the guy selling jerky in that dirt parking area, where are his customers suppossed to park? Parkings always a problem in the happy valley.

·
Registered
450 Posts
it would be sweet if cops were actually around to "serve and protect" rather than harass and dominate.

sorry about your guys parking gig. Is it county or city land, and has anyone looked into a special use permit for parking? I like flying under the radar but with all this bullshit legal stuff continually restricting our recreational access I am starting to get pissed enough to be proactive about it and do more phone calls, letters, and e-mails than I have done in my entire life.

fancy our "free" country eh

·
Registered
265 Posts
buy a radar detector. If it saves you just one ticket, it pays for itself. I hate the CCC police, and most police in general.

My gf slid of the road in a snow storm in CC and the cop asked her if she was reading a magazine. wtf.

·
Registered
429 Posts
a couple days ago a group of us were at the take out above bob senior on Hwy 6 and a state trooper told us we could not park there anymore. Now the no parking signs have been up for a couple years but i thought that was to keep out the people selling peaches on that corner not to keep out the boaters. Yesterday i saw 5 cars parked there and no tickets on the cars, my question is can we still park there our not?

p.s. sorry Spear for getting the only ticket out of all of us for no seat belt.
Do the signs say "No parking, boaters excepted"? If not, then the no parking signs apply to us too. If you don't agree with a law on the books, then fight the law (civil disobediance doesn't work), but don't complain about the consequences if/when you get caught breaking the law. Remember, the CSP is just doing their job: traffic enforcement.

·
Registered
580 Posts
You must not watch TV ever, because they have been advertising how much they for be enforcing their new Click it or Ticket campain.

Billboards, print ads, TV ads, flashing signs on the highway. Really how could you miss it? It's like they are say "HEY! Wear your seat belt or We WILL FINE YOU!!!!" It's a conspiracy for sure.
I guess I missed it, I haven't seen any billboards or TV ads.

Isn't a seatbelt violation a secondary offense or something like that. I thought they had to be pulling you over for something else before they can ticket you for not wearing your seat belt. They can't get you for just not wearing your belt, or so I have always thought in Colorado.

Different story in Nuevo Mexico where you can throw your kids in the back of a truck, drive around town and the cops don't care. (I saw a cop drive right by a truck full of kids in the back and the cop didn't flinch)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I guess I missed it, I haven't seen any billboards or TV ads.

Isn't a seatbelt violation a secondary offense or something like that. I thought they had to be pulling you over for something else before they can ticket you for not wearing your seat belt. They can't get you for just not wearing your belt, or so I have always thought in Colorado.

Different story in Nuevo Mexico where you can throw your kids in the back of a truck, drive around town and the cops don't care. (I saw a cop drive right by a truck full of kids in the back and the cop didn't flinch)
The interstate illuminated signs all say "start the habit, click it or ticket" also the radio commercials are all over it. I believe they have to pull you over for something other than not wearing the seatbelt but IF you do get pulled over and you're not wearing your seatbelt you will get a ticket. The point is they will not warn you -it's mandatory for them to ticket you for not wearing your seatbelt if they pull you over for speeding, weaving etc.

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
The interstate illuminated signs all say "start the habit, click it or ticket" also the radio commercials are all over it. I believe they have to pull you over for something other than not wearing the seatbelt but IF you do get pulled over and you're not wearing your seatbelt you will get a ticket. The point is they will not warn you -it's mandatory for them to ticket you for not wearing your seatbelt if they pull you over for speeding, weaving etc.
The law changed over a year ago. Cops can now pull people over in Colorado just for not wearing a seatbelt (hence the adoption of NM's Click it or Ticket slogan). As for NM, it may be "overlooked" to have all the kids and grandma riding around in the back of a pickup, but if you aren't wearing a seatbelt and sitting inside the vehicle, you will get a ticket.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts