Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So I am thinking about heading over the mountain Friday night 4/11 , camping, then floating Shoshone Saturday morning. I have not yet seen nor ran the Shoshone run but understand there are some descent rapids. Is anyone planning on making the trip this weekend and want to meet up? I am a competent class IV boater and learned what I know on Idaho rivers.

I would love some good info, where to camp within 30 -45 of the put-in? What the river is like at these flows (1700cfs)? Is their a better run that is floatable right now that i should hit up this weekend? The Ark? Anything?

Thanks Eric

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
Glenwood canyon resort, Me and a bud might go do laps on Saturday if I can get out of a previous plan, theyre calling for 2400 or so

·
Registered
312 Posts
hit me up im live in glenwood/Carbondale!! I am down to run Saturday, but I have to work at 3pm in snowmassso itd have to be an earlier trip. anyways save my number for future boating. Matt - 309 267 2911

·
Registered
326 Posts
i plan on getting out on saturday. i run a 14' cat. flows today at 3:30 are over 2k. with warm weather tomorrow i would guess it could be over 2500 tomorrow and maybe more saturday.

with the wind in the afternoons, i will probably put on around 11 or 12

·
Registered
267 Posts
I may be into this if plans to go mtn. biking in Fruita fall through. I would prolly bring my mini-me and would potentially have space for 1-2 extra paddlers...what say you Pinemonkey, are you bringing the big orange?

11am sounds good to me if I can make it...

-Cal

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
Im waitng to hear from the paddleboater that was asking me earlier this week big orange is a bit big for running laps at this level

·
Registered
267 Posts
Alright so have you all decided on a plan? Should we meet at 11am to let it warm up just a little? Lemme know, I will be there...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Christian, I have a full boat at the moment but that's not to say we couldn't take turns being shuttle bunnies while the other takes a run?

·
Registered
326 Posts
if memory serves me right, shoshone peaks at about 1:00 pm.

i would like to meet up with some people tomorrow. most of my friends always have to wash their hair or wax their box or something.

i run a 14' red maravia cat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts