Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Westwater this weekend, and I was thinking about adding the section from Cisco Landing to Dewey Bridge to make a 2 night 3 day trip, and have never done the lower part to the bridge. Does anyone know anything about camping on that section? I believe it adds about 6 miles, is relatively flat water, but hopefully scenic. There appear to be many private ranches, but Cow Canyon or Coats Creek look like possible camp spots. Help anyone? Thanks, Peter

·
Registered
184 Posts
more like 16 miles...

I thought recently of adding this section as well. It is actually more like 16 miles from Cisco Landing to Dewey Bridge (were you thinking of Cisco wash?). 16 miles of very flat water...probably a push to do in 2 nights...unless you had a motor? motors allowed in that section?

·
Registered
39 Posts
After Fish Ford Landing and before Coats Creek on river left, there is three to four good sights in cottonwood groves.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ok, maybe not really a push to do in 3 days...I had been hoping to plan my trip such that it included the rapid section of the Moab daily and I didn't think we could do that in 3 days...YMMV

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
We did the float from Westwater to Dewey a few springs ago at like 4-5k. We camped at Little D and then one night on a sandpit a few miles after Fish Ford. Its definitely all flat water with some good wildlife spotting along the way.

Would I do it again? Yeah, but I love multi-day trips. I think my boating buddy would pass on the opportunity himself.

Phillip

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah, do the Daily and camp at Onion Creek, incredible views and a wonderful camp. There's not much good river camping after Onion Creek.

·
Registered
193 Posts
watch for the deerflies at fish ford. almost as bad as the flying bullets down there when the yahoos camping by the road there start target practice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts