Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Mountain Buzz based out of Colorado or California? It's hard to tell because all of the people seem to have a thorough geographic knowledge of Colorado, suggesting that they mostly live in CO. However, there seems to be more drama in this forum than an entire season of the OC. It's like being back in high school all over again. Fun stuff, provides great entertainment. Eric Link should ditch the idea for a kayak reality show. The drama on the Buzz would get a lot better ratings than Tao huckin' waterfalls with dialog of fear vs adrenaline in the background. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the topics on the Buzz aren't worth note, or even a discussion; but can't we do so in a mature fashion without bashing on others all of the time? And I'm not bashing the volume of posts either; everyone is entitled to their opinion and to voice it (this is America). It just seems to me that if every now and then we all stopped and looked at a post/situation objectively for a minute, we could take a little bit of the unnecessary heat off of the responses. Just a thought.

·
Registered
989 Posts
While we're on the subject, what is the concensus on the meaning of the word "choad"?

I had always thought of a "choad" as a penis that is nearly equal in dimensions of length and girth. Aka "bologna package".

Others, however, view the "choad" as synonymous with "taint" or "grundle", terms used to denote the perineum or that expanse of flesh between the anus and scrotum.

Discuss.

·
Registered
787 Posts
BSOE, I've also heard it described as the entire meat-and-potatoes package, but I think the length/girth disproportionate penis is the most "accurate"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Livin' a lie.

Nah, its just that everyone in CO wishes they lived in CA and had access to the largest concentration of high quality whitewater anywhere in the world. It's understandable that there's so much angst among CO boaters, knowing that they consistently paddle second rate water, dragging their knuckles over bony, trashy, piton-fest, half rate excuses for creeks. It wouldn't be so bad if CO boaters stayed in CO and didn't venture out to CA, but once they've tasted any one of dozens of classic Cali runs, they realize what they've been missing, and there's no turning back. So keep running the Cali Section and telling yourself you have the goods. Meanwhile we'll be livin the dream.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
CALIFORNIA HYPE? come to wyoming where the men are men and the sheep are scared, thats right boys come check out some of our virtually unrun creeks, first descents=forget the classics these are better, like a john wayne movie but on steroids

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nah, its just that everyone in CO wishes they lived in CA and had access to the largest concentration of high quality whitewater anywhere in the world.... Meanwhile we'll be livin the dream.
And how is the snowpack this year?

·
Registered
989 Posts
what what?

I think he might have cheated a little on that one.
Cheated? "Choad" has been rooted firmly in my vernacular since my highschool days in rural Pennsylvania, where it was universally taken to mean a penis of highly unusual proportions. I believed the word to have Amish origins. For these reasons, it was reserved for special situations whereas words like "doosh" and "assbag" were thrown about all throughout the day. Not until dental school in New England did I encounter people who thought the choad to be merely a taint, an anatomical structure shared by one and all -- barring certain birth defects -- albeit the female taint is very small, almost negligible. I took this as a regional peculiarity, as New Englanders are a peculiar people. Not until moving West did I find that the ambiguity is nearly universal, shaking the very foundations of my slang vocabulary.

It never occurred to me to check out wiki for a definition of choad. Now that I have followed rklein's link I see that the word is "officially" (it is Wikipedia) applicable to both situations. I find this troubling for two reasons.
1. When I am calling someone a choad or being called a choad myself I would like to be clear that it denotes either a freakish dick or a patch of skin that is likely to be oily and possibly populated with dingleberries.
2. A penis of such unusual proportions as to qualify as a choad is a very rare and special thing whereas the taint or grundle is common to all human beings. The former definition provides an air of mystique and grandeur whereas the latter is rote. It's the difference between a unicorn and a horse.

I also didn't like the alternative spelling "chode".

I hereby propose that the definition of "choad" as perineum (the fleshy patch between genitals and anus) be stricken from the record. A decree must set forth by the appropriate authority banning all future use of the word as such, punishable by papercuts on the grundle.

OH..and Cali would be super sweet if it weren't full of choads.

·
Registered
133 Posts
very Nice BSOE....I too am from rural PA, I lived around Willow Grove, Abington area, just outside Philly. we also used the word choad for special occasion. just thought I share.

·
Registered
137 Posts
To the choad on all of us!

BSOE, nice diatribe sir and thank you for the clarification. Makes me smile and realize that there is still a crap on my deck ready for purging (after the morning coffee). Suggestion of addl. def. #3 Choad = Spawning and foraging grounds of dingleberries. Your thoughts?

As a CO boater, am definitely envious of the massive amounts of water being delivered to CA via the jetstream, not to mention WA, OR, WY or ID. Therefore when we do get water, we're all out there like crackhoes fiending for the goods. The pacific northwest gives you more water and an extended season, which is undeniable.

Judging by the posts, many riverfolk seem to have experienced rivers and creeks in both areas; mostly from good runs getting posted which makes us want to RUN IT!

------------------------------------------
.. regardless, i'm just here for the gangbang.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts