Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I will be out there next week but my cell phone contract in WV sucks and I need to get a prepaid Cellphone in Colorado. What would be the best company to go with?? T-moblie????
Nori

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Verizon seems to have the best coverage, but Tmobile is pretty good as well. Singular is also here.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I like sprint the best, you can pay as you go at a reasonable rate and pay $5 for no roaming ever which is absolutley essential if you want to use your phone in rural areas of CO.

I strongly advise against at&t/cingular. They are notorious for erroneous charges and fine print "scams"

·
Registered
499 Posts
I had t-mobile and I had zero signal in Buena Vista and Leadville, it sucked! I now have Verizon and can talk on my phone at a campground in the boondocks between Buena Vista and Leadville...

·
Registered
882 Posts
Verizon has been great here in CO. And to flip the table...last year they got service in Summersville, so I can use my phone in your neck of the woods w/o roaming now.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have Sprint and I strongly advise AGAINST it.
Everywhere I go, other people have service and I don't.

Sounds like Verizon is the way to go.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The way I understand it with sprint when you pay the extra $5 a month for unlimited roaming you get the same service areas as Verizon.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Verizon

When I moved out here I had Sprint and it was HORRIBLE. I constantly checked my friends' signal strength in remote locations in CO under different providers and with my unscientific research determined Verizon was the way to go. It's not perfect, but I think I made the right choice.

Laurie

·
Registered
29 Posts
Another vote for Verizon....

My wife and I have had it for about a year and a half now. We get excellent coverage along the front range and I-70, and good coverage in most other areas. Keep in mind, though, that with Verizon, when you get into a remote area of CO (Poudre Canyon, Thompson Canyon, any other remote mountainous area), you'll have no service, but I think this is the case with most other plans.

Chris

·
Registered
688 Posts
Nori,

Hey, how you been? We met on the upper Yough a couple Gauley fest's ago. Then did Pinch and Glade in WV during hurricane Isabelle. I was with Marty (Craw) and Jen (Teva Jen) in the VW Eurovan.

Anyway, I just talked to Bill Sheppel who is on his way out now. I guess you are the WV guy he mentioned coming out later? Your timing is going to be pretty good as far as flows go. Give me a call if you are looking for some beta, a place to crash in Denver, or people to boat with. Most of our crew works weekdays but we're in the mountains every w/e.

Go with Verizon, I took AT&T (now Cingular) to BBB, long story, they suck.

-Darren Livingston, 720-244-0075

·
Registered
206 Posts
I recently switched from sprint to verizon, sprint only works within a couple miles of the I70 coridor once you enter the mountains. I am very happy with verizons coverage, no problems yet, at home in Boulder (in town) Sprint did not work unless I stood perfectly still in front of my kitchen sink, Verizon works in my basement, I work alot in the Aspen area, had coverage in Marble last weekend, my Sprint phone only worked in Carbondale and in the town of Aspen itself, anywhere in between was dead air. Verizon coverage excellent-customer service poor, Sprint coverage poor-customer service poor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts