Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any info on the event this year? I couldn't make it last year but I was going to try and bring a crew from CSM this year. I checked the website and it hasn't been changed since the 2006 event. Did the event fold? Thanks.

COUNT

·
Registered
281 Posts
Collegiate Nationals are either April 14-15 or 21-22, Boatercross and Freestyle, Male and Female... I have two different dates in my calander.

The overall winners will get a Pro/Product sponsorship from several companies including AT, Confluence, and VOZ Sports... I will try to post more/better details soon.

Matt

·
Registered
301 Posts
April sent this to me...

College Sports Television produces an annual competition, The Collegiate
Nationals. This year's event will feature kayaking (boatercross and
freestyle) and adventure racing (kayak, mountain biking, running)
competitions in Reno, NV from April 14-15. Please check out our website
<http://thecollegiatenationals.com/> for info and video from last
year's competition.

As the contact for the Colorado kayak club, I was wondering if Colorado
is interested in sending competitors to Collegiate Nationals.
Competitors need to have been enrolled in at least one college course
within the last nine months.

Hey, Matts!
Check out the link above. I think they just updated it. I am almost completely sure it is on the 14-15th in Reno, the 21-22 it is in San Diego.

At this point in time CU and CSM can not go because it is the same weekend as the Ice Breaker, which written down in the books as our regional competition and we must go to that. CSM scheduled the Ice Breaker around last years Nationals comp, but according to website it is now changed to the 14-15. What a bummer :( we wanted to do both

·
Registered
13 Posts
Collegiate Nationals Beta

The Collegiate National Whitewater Championships are planned again in Reno on April 14-15. Boatercross on Saturday and Freestyle on Friday. There will be a lot of other things happening around town with the overall event so it is well worth the effort to make it out.

This year the overall, combined boatercross and freestyle winners, both male and female will be awarded a full pro-product sponsorship. This will include boats, paddles, dry suits, pfds, helmets and accessories.

Details are still being worked out so check the website often for updates. I hope to have an email out to all of the competitors from last year very soon. The website is www.thecollegiatenationals.com

Registration is up and running on the site and as a reminder to compete for the overall winner and the pro sponsorship package you must compete in both events.

If you have any questions please email at [email protected]

Hope to see you out here.

Jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
some details i missed from an earlier message.

Some details I forgot to put in the earlier message. I am sure I will be sending out an email soon to my database. If you would like to be included please drop me an email and I will add your address. [email protected]

The event is hosted by CSTV (College Sports Television) and is broadcast on their channel throughout the summer

The Boatercross is Saturday April 14th. Individual time trial down the course (approximately 300 yards) which will then seed everyone into 4-5 boat heats. The knock out (or down) heats will have the two top boats advancing to subsequent rounds.

Maximum boat lengths will be limited to less than 9.0 feet total length (so get out those RPMs). Total length is measured as a straight line from bow to stern from the top of the boat. Boat composition is not regulated.

All athletes must wear at all times, while in the water, a US Coast Guard Type III Certified PFD (or higher) in good quality and condition, as well as, a whitewater recreational helmet of good quality with appropriate chin strap.

The Freestyle is Sunday, April 15th. Randomly assigned heats allowing for one minute rides. Elimination will proceed until a punch out final heat.

Don't hesitate to contact me directly with any questions [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts