Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

We were stoned--literally--the last time we camped there (Coffepot road near Dotsero) a few years ago. Very big rocks were thrown down from above on our tents, ripping a hole in one. Heard someone was arrested for something even worse up there after that (a local I believe).

As that is one of the best spots to camp near Glenwood, I"d sure appreciate any comments on recent camping there--good would be good. Bad would send us looking for another spot. I've heard this passed around a number of times but any good alternative within half hour distance from Glenwood would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
creepy

Just read that the incident I spoke of was a woman that was shot there in Oct 2003 after picnicing at one of the CP campsites. The guy was mad about them leaving trash at the campsite--reports say that is was a racially motivated thing. This was just 2 months after our incident. Who knows if this is just coincidence...

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Dotsero always struck me as redneck area. Camp is much better up on the Crystal. Cose to g-wood and not far from high country.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts