Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to Knoxville, TN (knoxsvegas) for a couple days of work. Are there any rivers running out there? What are the names of the local boatable rivers class III-IV+?

Any info would be helpfull to fill my downtime.

Resch

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just moved out to CO from TN. all the above mentioned references are good. I just looked at the gauges and everything looks pretty low. hope for some rain! the best III-IV runs are gonna be the little from sinks to the elbow. the Tellico is super clean and good fun too. good luck. it's all rain out there

·
Registered
45 Posts
the pigeon is dam release. it is fun, but the water is full of dioxins and it makes your skin itch and causes cancer.

·
Registered
350 Posts
boating shops

No good whitewater shops in Knoxville. Rock Creek outfitters in Chattanooga has their kayak shop which is a good resource. I believe it is called Down Under.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live about an hour out on knoxville as far as rivers go there is alotta III's with the water how it is. rivers in the area(ish) are Nolichucky in NC/TN, Nanahala in NC-dam, Green in NC, Watauga in TN-dam.My local group paddles somewhere nearly everyweekend year around, let me know how I can help

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the advice.

Flying out there on Tuesday. Back in CO on Thursday. If I get a chance I would love to boat on Wednesday afternoon. Might be hard because i am not brining my boat.

If you are going boating in TN call me

303 903 8934

1 - 9 of 9 Posts