Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was driving home tonight I noticed that they are doing some serious work on the CO river in the area with the fish ladders near Palisade. Does anyone know what is going on? looks like right now they have built a wall three quarters of the way across. I am thinking if that remains there then Junction will have an awesome new play spot this spring????

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Division of Wildlife realized they messed up when they made the fish ladder a few years ago....seems the fish don't like it....so this summer they started a re-design and that is why they have the big yellow iron in the river. Last season I floated that fish ladder 20 times when the river was running good.....always on the river left....I can't wait to float the river right run when we get water. Watch out fishies!!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
What joke. Instead of just making the whole thing as natural of a rapid as they can they decide to build an artificial "fish ladder"... again.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I bet the fish would have been able to climb up without a problem if they had built the play park the local kayakers had asked for instead of that screwy concrete pillar thing, and the extra cost involved now would have been way less than the current re-do. What a lost opportunity...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts