Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey buzzards,
In anticipation of some fall whitewater nearby on the Big Thomson, here is some highwater stoke from July.

This is a photo/video TR from Blackrock at peak flow on July 9-10. Check it out:The Colorado Kayak Chronicle

Be sure to check out Mr. Keck's great photos and write up of the East Coast classic, Russell Fork, also just posted on the chronicle.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
That was pretty sweet Alex. The brief stall out against the wall in Rigo looked pretty exciting.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Ya, that stall out did look pretty exciting. I have to admit I was secretly hoping for the back-ender-to-throttle combo move, but Alex is solid even off line.

That day of our marathon high water clear creek combined with our friends wedding night was by far one of my favorite days of summer. Celebratory fiddler grabs were justified. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Yep that was a standout weekend in all respects. What's this about off line? I just kept plugging the hole and the duck dive was working for me, so I stopped trying to miss it.... But yeah, I was glad to catch the surge going downstream instead of back into the maw.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
So good. Still bumming so hard that I missed all that high water. That video looked so much fun. I always forget how fun big water paddling can be.
Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts