Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clear Creek - Tunnel 1 to Golden - River Access???

In past years I've parked at the east end of tunnel 1 and walked down the trail with my inflatable kayak to float creek creek into town through the Golden whitewater park. There is a new bike path with paved parking spots a little further east of the tunnel. Does anyone know if there is river access to walk down? I know I can put in above tunnel 1 at the diversion dam but trying to avoid the rapids on the bend and the active construction. I've run from tunnel 1 down to town a dozen times and hoping for that stretch.

·
addict
767 Posts
If you don't want to put in below the dam, and parking at tunnel 1 is prohibited, yes definitely use the new parking area for the bike path near the mouth of the canyon. There are stairs down to the trails by the river. It shortens your run a little but it's probably the only option if you want to avoid the rapids on the bend. You can float all the way down to Vanover Park to get the most out of your time. Good luck finding parking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don't want to put in below the dam, and parking at tunnel 1 is prohibited, yes definitely use the new parking area for the bike path near the mouth of the canyon. There are stairs down to the trails by the river. It shortens your run a little but it's probably the only option if you want to avoid the rapids on the bend. You can float all the way down to Vanover Park to get the most out of your time. Good luck finding parking.
Thanks so much for the intel! I'll be floating it tomorrow afternoon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts