·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I was curious what your progress was, guess this says it all. Very Cool

·
Registered
682 Posts
I thought I recognized that dorky helmet of yours! LOL

Funny thing was that the weatherman was using you guys as proof-positive that the rivers are all raging from the rain. I got all excited, logged on and found like 220 or whatever at the Golden gage...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought I recognized that dorky helmet of yours! LOL

Funny thing was that the weatherman was using you guys as proof-positive that the rivers are all raging from the rain. I got all excited, logged on and found like 220 or whatever at the Golden gage...
I knew that kayakers would say "huh?" when the weatherman talked about the creek running high. Gotcha. Also, notice that the weatherman said we were surfing.

A new helmet is coming for Christmas this year. The 8 year old purple Cascade has got to go. I am a friend of the gays so I don't mind the purple but it is a bit "Revenge of the Nerds" and I think it might be cramping my style.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there still enough water to get down that section?

Thanks.
Yep. the 200's is the low end of the scale for the Black Rock run but Black Rock rapid, the Narrows, and Rigor Mortis are all fun in the 200's. The lines you want to run have plenty of water in them. The in-between stuff, especially behind tunnels 2 and 3 is shallow and manky but overall I like it.

It is not the thing for the class V boater looking for thrills, but anyone with a mellow attitude about running stuff at low levels will have fun. I think that boaters who are challenged by class IV would have a blast and would probably be a little nervous at all 3 of the main rapids.

Even at low levels the main rapids all require moves to be made and you'll get flipped or sent into undercuts if you don't make them. I've run Rigor Mortis dozens and dozens of times up to about 800 cfs and my first swim on it was the other day at about 225 cfs. That was a fun suprise. The nice thing about the current levels is that you don't have to stress too much if you totally screw up because you aren't going to get beaten to a pulp like you will when there is water.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Marty "Canigs" is just plain HOT.

...and ahh, nice paddlin out there guys.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts