Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's clear creek of the ark at high flow? Done it low (250), and definitely wanted more. Looks like its rocking right now and dropping into the 450-500 range during the day. Good fun, or beatdown city? Any thoughts on flows for the weekend?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have been up there 2 of the past 3 nights/days and it is great at these flows...

Not many eddies (1 or 2 the entire run) stompy, pushy, class 4+ to 5 for miles, and that type of super fun.. The right side of the crux move is kinda a hole now so we run it top to bottom with no stop.....

I would hit it if you are in the area... Also upper lake can super fun for the right group... There should be a crew going up that way on sunday if you wanted to join..

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. Flows are cranking. Is it solid V at this level? Full step up from normal flows?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Yep right now she is a big step up from even when it is runnin 400.. Not even the same creek as when she is 250 cfs.. The water is up in the willows and there are only a couple of eddies in the entire run that will hold more than one boat... No rocks anywhere..

If you swim I dont think your friends will be able help much and your boat/paddle will get lost..

With that said the lines are the same and for me the current level is so much better than scrapin ass down the entire run... A super fun, fast, pushy creek at these levels..

Creeks like this, at this level, is why I boat.. For the right crew I think it is one of the best runs in the state right now..

Hope you guys get a chance to come up and run her..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts