Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
My understanding from talking to some of the city employees is that they are not redoing or adding to the play park They are removing much of the gravel that accumulated after last winters freeze & flood. Hopefully it will improve the flow which was slow and channelized last summer.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Modifications are definitely taking place in the play park from what I saw happening today.

Read elsewhere that three of the holes are being reworked along with channel deepening and boulders being added.

My understanding from talking to some of the city employees is that they are not redoing or adding to the play park They are removing much of the gravel that accumulated after last winters freeze & flood. Hopefully it will improve the flow which was slow and channelized last summer.

·
Registered
339 Posts
That drop where the rope swing was could definitely use a makeover. Right now it is basically just a hazard to tubers and not much use as a playspot.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are adding a lot of peninsulas or beefing up existing ones to create a labyrinth and narrowing the drops which should enhance surf waves at most water levels. These wings will also provide multiple nice eddies for sitting idle while waiting for surf time.

Also chucking bunches of boulders throughout the run. Guess they want more places for sunbathers to hang while everyone weaves through the park.

I spoke with one of the equipment operators and he said they'll be enhancing drops all the way down past the Washington Street bridge. He also said everyone has been great and was glad there is so much interest in the project.

Just add snowmelt, should be nice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is a look at the bottom of the play park (below rodeo hole).

20150329_120459.jpg

This is the hole at the bottom of the play park that drops into the big beach eddy. Looks like they built out the embankment to funnel, so hopefully that's make that hole less terrible.

20150329_120522.jpg

This is looking upriver from above the previous hole. Looks like they cleaned up a feature between rodeo and the bottom of the park.

Get excited, it looks promising!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts