Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Just checked and it was showing up for me.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I keep bookmarks to the USGS flows for Clear Creek and Bear Creek, right next to my bookmark for mtn buzz.

USGS Real-Time Water Data for USGS 06719505 CLEAR CREEK AT GOLDEN, CO.

USGS Real-Time Water Data for USGS 06710605 BEAR CREEK ABOVE BEAR CREEK LAKE NEAR MORRISON, CO

Looking at the Clear Creek guage, it looks like CDOT screwed you guys out of a warm up period for Black Rock this year. My guess is that it is going to be booming by the time they get done paving the canyon. If so, let the ass kickings begin once they open the road.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Yeah, I'm bummed that the canyon is closed. Flows are getting good in there. At least it will be open this weekend sat and sun.

On a side note, I talked to the CDOT project manager and asked him about access and he didn't want to hear any of it. He was very stern and kind of pissed that I even enquired. Oh well.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yeah, Kermit's to town is a ton of fun. I've done that 3 or 4 times. Problem is, it is not an after-work type of run. It takes way too long.

No matter how you slice it there is no every day Black Rock warmup for this season.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I asked the project manager is we could float through the closed section and the answer was a vigorous no. Not sure what the consequences would be. If you wanted to poach it you could, but its a long float, and too much for after work.

Oh well, at least other stuff is running.

·
Registered
688 Posts
CC open for the weekend?

Someone stated that the road would be open for the weekend. Driving through last weekend the sign just said closed from the 30th to the 11th. Can someone confirm if it is going to be open? And, when does it open, tonight after 5? Tomorrow morning?
Thanks
-Darren

·
Registered
137 Posts
rumor has it...

I was told it was closed! As in you are not legally able to float it. The reason was that if there was an emergency, they could not get in emergency vehicles/equipment.

PSYSCHED that it is open for the weekend although...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts