Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
clear creek rafting company in conjunction with cdot blew up the left side of box rapid(this rapid is pretty much parallel to the twin tunnels just east of idaho springs), thoughts?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I think they should scale some rocks off the walls on lower clear creek to spice that run up a bit! I also think they should fix the "goal-post boof" that turned into Cripps Hole in 2011. That's what I think.

·
Registered
315 Posts
That should have been done a long time ago, Box is just hard to run at low water and not much fun at high water so why not roll the dice.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Oh no! They have deflowered the pristine clear creek riverbed! AND they have altered a rapid that no one has ever heard of!!!

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Well, can we just shortcut this? Anyone who disagrees with my AWESOME opinion is an asshole. It'll probably be Beth this time. She's always harshing my mellow.

Gannon can't boof.

·
Registered
288 Posts
clear creek rafting company in conjunction with cdot blew up the left side of box rapid(this rapid is pretty much parallel to the twin tunnels just east of idaho springs), thoughts?

You must be a raft guide....or an intense SUP boarder. I've never heard of half the rapids you rafters come up with for your clients. What happened to just a few rapids even worthy of being recognized.....Blackrock, narrows, rigo, elbow falls, screaming 1/4.

Jesus, what's next? Tunnel 4 Turmoil? Kermit's Cornhole ?

My thoughts..,,if it involves clear creek dynamite the hell out of some of those class ii sections.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
That piss trickle is a rapid? I'm going to have to start naming the shit that drains out of my downspout after an afternoon storm.

If they really wanted to do something useful they should start implementing my idea for a "boofing treadmill." It would cost a infinitesimal portion of the twin tunnel budget and might finally allow Tango to learn how to boof.

·
addict
739 Posts
If they really wanted to do something useful they should start implementing my idea for a "boofing treadmill." It would cost a infinitesimal portion of the twin tunnel budget and might finally allow Tango to learn how to boof.
Dude. I'm not the one with a 2 foot ledge named after me.

What kind of Boulder Whole foods stir fry are you bringing to Gore this weekend? Hope that bok choy is organic. I'll bring the chopsticks.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
CDOT WWP

While they're up there, can CDOT accidentally drop a few steel beams and concrete divider walls in? We could use a few more rail slides and play holes to liven up that section of the canal. And more lights. The new night kayaking option at Narrows rapid looks sweet.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Good riddance, the box rapid caused a lot of trouble on low flow raft trips.

Front Rangers coming to Gore this weekend; all four of them. I hope you guys bring your paddle flout devices.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I always pack dynamite in my drybag. Never know when you might need to blow shit up.

The boofing treadmill is one of the best ideas I have heard in a long time. If you could get that guy that pimps the gazelle on board you have a winner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts