Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased a Maravia that needs a bit of TLC. It has years of built up grime, and some oxidization...I hit it with the stiff brushes w/ Dawn liquid soap which didn't seem to do any more than get the surface dirt off.

I then hit it with a low pressure washer (1800 psi) it took more dirt off, but there is still a lot to do.

I found this which says safe for Hypalon and PVC - I'm just wondering if anyone has used it, and would it be safe on the Urethane?

Bixler's Orange Off and Protectant Cleaning Kit

·
Registered
618 Posts
If you pressure washed it and still have black and yuck the question is "does the yuck transfer?" (i.e., if you sit on an area that's yuck or rub against it - by accident or on purpose - do you get any on you?). If no, take the boat down any river w/suspendend sediment (Colorado, Green, most any south of Idaho or PNW until at least June/July) and call it good. If yes, same approach may work but I'd buy Soft Scrub at local grocery and judiciously apply to a non-critical area (i.e., where no butt meets the rubber) - if it cleans up and no longer rubs off, you're good to go.
Regardless, once you get the worst off, thoroughly dry and apply 303.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
We find the best way to get off the grime is to use a "soft" bristle brush and some Boat Cleaner, then to use Magic Erasers that you can get in any grocery store with the boat cleaner for those hard to get off marks. Here is a link to the boat cleaner: Inflatable Boat Cleaner, QT | Cascade River Gear.
It also comes in gallon sizes. I don't recommend using soft scrub with bleach on your boat! That scares me, too many chemicals. If the cleaner you have says it's safe on PVC and Hypalon I would go ahead and give it a try and when she is all beautiful again 303 her! 303 Protectorant | Cascade River Gear

Congrats on your new river ride!!

Renee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts