Renaissance *******
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$$$...???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I think that bud and jackson kayaks are the perfect match... For some reason they just work well together - a good fit I say!!!

Also the reason I paddle a burn and drink ska ;)......

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Now If jackson would have followed Billy Dee I might just buy a jackson!!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hell even EJ cant beat this guy.. Ok enough screwing around for this AM I am off to the hills..

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really hope nobody is pissed off that EJ somehow convinced a Beer company to pay him to kayak.

Pretty sure every person here would sign on the dotted line.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Very cool.

·
Renaissance *******
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty sure every person here would sign on the dotted line.
I would and I consider myself a Beersnob

Too bad that bottle isn't a bootie though.... now thats an ad campaign

·
Registered
805 Posts
I respect both of these guys as people and for what they've done for the whitewater community. It's not so much that they're getting paid but it's how uncomfortable they look in that picture! The look on their faces is pure agony, like they know they're in this unenviable position but they just can't help it. They just don't look comfortable drinking Budweiser, probably because neither of them would do it by choice.

Rdneck is right - the Dos Equis most interesting guy in the world is just way more comfortable in his roll as beer spokesman -

"Fellows, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pocket, you better use them to call the tailor."

YouTube - most Interesting Man on Packages

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Nothin better than to pour a good beligum beer in a nice cold glass after paddlin...

I love how InBev still keeps the "American Beer" thing going (they even changed their ticker back to BUD InBev NV)... Now I knew that my fellow ******** who keep up on SEC football and NASCAR could be fooled into drinkin this "American Beer" - but I thought that kayakers might see Bud for what it is..

I could care less if it is EJ or who ever pushin Bud.. I too feel that you need to get paid anyway you can.. But it is a far reach to say that Bud is still a "American Ale"...

So the moral of the add for me is that no matter what Ej drinks we all should still support our local brewery and I will do my best every chance I get!!!:p

·
Nothin better than to pour a good beligum beer in a nice cold glass after paddlin...

I love how InBev still keeps the "American Beer" thing going (they even changed their ticker back to BUD InBev NV)... Now I knew that my fellow ******** who keep up on SEC football and NASCAR could be fooled into drinkin this "American Beer" - but I thought that kayakers might see Bud for what it is..

I could care less if it is EJ or who ever pushin Bud.. I too feel that you need to get paid anyway you can.. But it is a far reach to say that Bud is still a "American Ale"...

So the moral of the add for me is that no matter what Ej drinks we all should still support our local brewery and I will do my best every chance I get!!!:p

It would be hard to argue with anything you said here, especially the first and last lines.

Think globally, Drink locally

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
It would be hard to argue with anything you said here, especially the first and last lines.

Think globally, Drink locally
Maybe hard to argue with me but...

It is impossible to argue with the most interesting man in the world on rollerblading!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
i bet if that was a PBR ad, folks would be coming out of the woodworks to say "hell yeah"......

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Good for EJ! I think beer sponsorship is kick ass. Who cares if its bud? To me there is no such thing as a bad beer when its 32F fresh out the ice chest after an awesome day on the river. Bud wouldn't be my first choice, but if EJ rolls up in the jackson wagon with a bud ice chest trailer in tow, I won't turn one down.

Unless you have a trust fund or a lottery ticket, you gotta find a way to make the cash to pay the bills. I think its smart for EJ to take advantage of one additional opportunity to keep his dream alive.

Now if I could just get a beer sponsor... thats one of my biggest yearly kayaking expenditures.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Good for them.

I tried to get Bic lighters to sponsor me but they were not interested. I even sent pictures in of the BIC working everywhere... on the lift, above entrance falls, halfway up stairway to heaven, chillin on the porta ledge... even on my sofa.

I guess if my outdoor play skills were as good as my BIC flickin skills (used to be)... I would have had a better response.

·
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
1,134 Posts
Let there be no doubt that I consider myself a beer snob who would scoff at Bud under all but the most dire circumstance.

That having been said, it was a dire circumstance that taught me to appreciate Budweiser as the great American beer that it is, despite present ownership.

It was September 2005, and I had just that particular day rolled into Biloxi/Ocean Springs MS after 'the big one' to pitch in my share. It was K+5. I learned my way around eastern Biloxi with a guide from the shelter, came back late at night to the Lutheran church that was hosting us, and the guys who had gotten back slightly earlier all had found the one liquor store in Ocean Springs that was open. From it, they had obtained all the Budweiser product they could drink, freshly delivered by AB that day, at a cost of $5 a 12-er.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the beauty of American beer is not the beer itself. It is the sheer and unbridled decadence revealed by a demand-driven economy that produced a distribution system capable of delivering all the beer you can drink, at $10 a case, to a hurricane zone, 5 days after landfall.

I drank luke-warm bud every night, and never felt more bonded to any beer earned, savored, or otherwise.

Budweiser is good. EJ is good. Let them enjoy one another's company and both prosper.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts