Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to boat ten years ago, and I just got back in as I'm in the Arkansas valley. My roll's pretty solid-- at least in still water and eddies. Looking for similar or better partners. My main requirement is that you have a solid head on your shoulders. My last internet-boating partner ended in a sheriff call, helicopter flyover and me spending an hour searching for him in a patch of poison oak.

My schedule's flexible.

I ran Stone Bridge to Salida. It was a pretty straightforward run, although the high water seems to be erasing all of the eddies. If I had my druthers, I would go for a more pool-drop setup. Probably going over to Gunnison for their festival.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I too live in BV. Looking to paddle Class IIIish this weekend. I have paddled harder stretches, but with the high water Class III sounds about right. PM me with your number if you are interested.

Kent

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Last minute effort....

Got to leave town at 11 today but really want to get out. I was thinking of surfing down the Milk Run... My paddling partner bailed last minute...

Hit me up. Logan 7192299333

·
Registered
6 Posts
Leaving tonight

Hi,
I'm headed to Salida tonight and will be there thru the 21st. my paddle buddy can't make it so I'd love to meet up and run any section from Pine Creek down to Salida. :D
My number is 817-944-6261

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Anyone paddling class 2-3 today? Turns out I have the day off after all. Haven't been out since the water spiked and would like to do something easy. Driving downstream isn't a problem...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks like I'll be in BV/Salida Saturday morning, I'll bring my boat to run Browns if anyone's interested! Class 3ish boater, certainly nothin special, have to be in and out so I can get outta town in asap. Thinkin 8-9am launch? 970 seven 4 nine 0 six 83, shoot me a text or message me here if anyone's interested!

·
Jeff
81 Posts
Looks like I'll be in BV/Salida Saturday morning, I'll bring my boat to run Browns if anyone's interested! Class 3ish boater, certainly nothin special, have to be in and out so I can get outta town in asap. Thinkin 8-9am launch? 970 seven 4 nine 0 six 83, shoot me a text or message me here if anyone's interested!
Not sure what the flow on Browns Saturday, but above 3K I'm thinking you want to be a pretty confident class IV boater. I'm not sure if can make it up there Saturday, if I do, I would kinda like to do a little easier run, possibly frog rock or something? I did do that last weekend, and was plenty big enough for me at these flows. There are several sections there that are getting close to class IV.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure what the flow on Browns Saturday, but above 3K I'm thinking you want to be a pretty confident class IV boater. I'm not sure if can make it up there Saturday, if I do, I would kinda like to do a little easier run, possibly frog rock or something? I did do that last weekend, and was plenty big enough for me at these flows. There are several sections there that are getting close to class IV.
That'd be just fine with me, if you end up going give me a shout, I would be happy to boat that section with you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any other takers? Like to do a little better than "probly can't make it" before I haul my boat all the way to Denver and back without getting in the water

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts