Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Here's some more local footage for that ass!! Nothing extreme, just some nice Beta for those who have not floated it, and a reminder for those who didn't show!! HA HAAA!! A bluebird day in the Lower Blue!! A beautiful float for all, even if we are just "Class II Wanna B's"!!! We enjoyed it!! I hope you all enjoy the video!!

Cheers!! :cheers:

-Nick :rockon:

Click on link below or press play on the movie!

RMH Video - Lower Blue, CO 9/14/2008 on Vimeo

You can also visit my website rockymountainhooliganz.com!!

<br /><a href="RMH Video - Lower Blue, CO 9/14/2008 on Vimeo Video - Lower Blue, CO 9/14/2008</a> from <a href="islandertek on Vimeo> on <a href="http://vimeo.com?pg=embed&sec=1778259">Vimeo</a>.

·
Registered
420 Posts
YEAH!!

Great Job getting the video Scott and Nick!

Sweet job with the editing Nick!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Nice flick,i like seeing familiar runs even easy ones, 11 mile looks pretty fun.I'd say lwr.Blue at 1100 is a little better than class 2,calling it a creek and wearing a Hannibal Lector is a bit over the top.Nick glad to see you are getting after it,I am the guy you met on the South Platte earlier this summer,went for mexican and down Union.What kind of camera set up are you using,helmut cam?Is Dane ,Helio?

Jay

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's up Jay!!

Nice flick,i like seeing familiar runs even easy ones, 11 mile looks pretty fun.I'd say lwr.Blue at 1100 is a little better than class 2,calling it a creek and wearing a Hannibal Lector is a bit over the top.Nick glad to see you are getting after it,I am the guy you met on the South Platte earlier this summer,went for mexican and down Union.What kind of camera set up are you using,helmut cam?Is Dane ,Helio?

Jay
Jay,

Dude I called you the next day and left you a voice mail. I didn't hear back from you and didn't know what happened to you. I've been boating with a ton of different people lately. Let me know if you want to go out sometime. Maybe next season!! I think we're doing Shoshone this coming weekend.

The "Class II Wanna B's" came from some little F*** 'N' Pu$$y :mad:(ballbuster) who called us that here on the buzz because we float the Blue. I would do Gore if I had more experience, but for my first season and only starting the middle of June!!! I think I'll stick to class II, III, IV stuff!!

Oh and my full face helmet, that's just how I roll brotha!!! :grin:

Cheers!

-Nick
303-204-1527

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys cool video! I have never done this stretch of water and looking for a new place to go this weekend. Think I could get a 16' cat or 14' raft through there without any problems?
mostly concerned with the diversion dam.

·
Registered
536 Posts
you have to run the entire 14-15 miles in a raft/cat. the spring creek take out is a kayak only take out. do your research on the contentious run and respect the private property/ rules of the LB... or you'll end up in jail. plenty of water though at 1100.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey guys cool video! I have never done this stretch of water and looking for a new place to go this weekend. Think I could get a 16' cat or 14' raft through there without any problems?
mostly concerned with the diversion dam.

Yeah, you should be fine taking a 14' and/or 16' cat down that stretch. We've always seen groups of rafters goin down w/o any problems with booze and fishing gear, and over night gear. Not exactly sure where the rafters take-out though, UpshitCreek is probably right about doing the 15 miles to the takeout for rafters, although I have seen duckies take out at the Spring Creek Take-out just above the Bridge on RIver Left.

Plenty of water for rafts at this flow, awsome time.

Have fun, and be safe!

·
Registered
71 Posts
One problem for rafting this streach is the put it. It is very steep, and I have seen people attach a rope to a truck hitch and then belay the raft down to the river. It is a good idea to rap a tarp around the bottm of your raft to protect it while you belay it down. I beleive the only raft take out is the gore canyon put in, which is a long float through alot of ranch land.

·
Jefe Driver
83 Posts
Hey Brandon,
Right now the tentative plan is to try and run Shoshone on Saturday. The group so far is Nick, Alex, Scott and I. If Jay is free I'm sure he'd be down to go as well. A bunch of us are hitting the pool tonight so we will try to hammer out more details. Because alot of us are coming from Colorado Springs, time will be a factor because of the drive, but laps in Shoshone and taking the river all the way into two rivers park both sound good.

·
Registered
536 Posts
One problem for rafting this streach is the put it. It is very steep, and I have seen people attach a rope to a truck hitch and then belay the raft down to the river. .
yeah, i forgot to mention that...;)

about 6 or so more healthy diversion dams to run below the spring creek rd takeout, as well. if you don't like running diversion dams then not the best run for you.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BRANDON

Everytime I have been to the Lower Blue, there were rafts going down it. The rafts take out at the same take out as the kayaks. The diversion Dam's have a tongue straight down the middle. I have seen people pump up the rafts down at the bottom. I hope this helps!! Enjoy!!

Brandon,

Yes, we plan on floating into G-Wood. Allan and I are coming up from Denver, and Alex and the rest are coming from C-Springs. Everyone and anyone is welcome (except that little pussy ballbuster):grin: But I'm sure this is novice to him anyways! The more the marrier!!! Looking foraward to seeing everyone there!! I'll post a trip!!

-Nick
303-204-1527

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
....... A bunch of us are hitting the pool tonight so we will try to hammer out more details.....
You know there is not a pool session tonight at our traditional place? The next open play is on the 7th, 14th and 21st.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The rafts take out at the same take out as the kayaks.
they shouldn't be doing this. it's an important run to think beyond yourself and obey the rules in place there. my understanding is that spring creek rd access is leased from the landowner... so if you guys piss off the owners too much then you set yourself up to lose the access at some point down the road.

spring creek rd is a kayak only take out. and it's a TAKE OUT only, as well. You can't put in there either...kayak or raft.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You know there is not a pool session tonight at our traditional place? The next open play is on the 7th, 14th and 21st.

Yeah, I just talked to Cecil and he told me that too. Guess I'll play around in my apartment complex pool...LOL.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not taking a raft down the Lower Blue, and haven't. If you read what I wrote, it clearly says that I have seen people doing so all times I have been (3).

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
upshitscreek, Let's get some shit straight!!

they shouldn't be doing this. it's an important run to think beyond yourself and obey the rules in place there. my understanding is that spring creek rd access is leased from the landowner... so if you guys piss off the owners too much then you set yourself up to lose the access at some point down the road.

spring creek rd is a kayak only take out. and it's a TAKE OUT only, as well. You can't put in there either...kayak or raft.
upshitscreek,

Alright let's get some shit straight here guy (or girl)!! First off, you probably need to read my reply again!! I don't know where you get the assumption that I am in a raft and that I am not following access guidelines?????:confused: Maybe I am missing something, but I said that I have seen rafts on the river everytime I have been there (3 times), and have seen some get out at the take out. Now you are coming up with some off the wall shit, talking about take out's only and a bunch of fucking bullshit!! I use the correct put-in's and take-out's and follow access guidelines!! I am a kayaker as well, and wouldn't even want to float past the spring creek take out. Get your shit straight before you start posting shit on here!! :mad: I don't want to start an un-needed and angry thread on here so let's leave it at that!! There must be some confusion or mis-understanding!! I completely agree with following access rules and guidelines for all backcountry excursions!!

Cheers!!

-Nick

·
Registered
536 Posts
errr... read the sign at the take out or read a guidebook. nothing i said is wrong or incorrrect and was refering to the rafters, not you.

nothing else you said is worth comment.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
He is mistaken..

Nobody has taken a raft out at the bridge. you couldn't and you wouldn't. It would be more of a pain in the ass to do this than float the last ten miles. besides that the farmer on the corner would see it and would be glad to tack your ass to the post while the law arives, please think about what you say, this is a sweet run and every year some clown fucks it up by giving out poor info and next thing you know two 16'ers with full gear are making 10 trips back and fourth from the river to the parking area trying to get there shit out.(not really rafters know better) It is only 4 miles to the bridge not even worth your time as a rafter, it is a float to the gore put in small low heads and rocks all the way, it is also more for the fisherman than recreational, and please don't kayak the last half, the land owners don't want us there and the fishing is good so... I guess what I am trying to say is, no one takes a raft out at the bridge, and kayakers should stop at the bridge.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nobody has taken a raft out at the bridge. you couldn't and you wouldn't. It would be more of a pain in the ass to do this than float the last ten miles. besides that the farmer on the corner would see it and would be glad to tack your ass to the post while the law arives, please think about what you say, this is a sweet run and every year some clown fucks it up by giving out poor info and next thing you know two 16'ers with full gear are making 10 trips back and fourth from the river to the parking area trying to get there shit out.(not really rafters know better) It is only 4 miles to the bridge not even worth your time as a rafter, it is a float to the gore put in small low heads and rocks all the way, it is also more for the fisherman than recreational, and please don't kayak the last half, the land owners don't want us there and the fishing is good so... I guess what I am trying to say is, no one takes a raft out at the bridge, and kayakers should stop at the bridge.
I really don't want to argue as I have only been to the Lower Blue three times. My second time which was three weekends ago there were two rafts that took out at the Lower Blue take-out. So I can't agree with you on rafts NEVER taking out there. Didn't your mother teach you to never say NEVER!! :mrgreen: I don't know who they were and honestly couldn't care less!! As for giving out mis-information, I never gave out any information but what I witnessed on the river. At the put in, after the rafters pumped up their raft I even kindly helped them carry it to the water! I really don't give a fuck about any of this. I didn't start this thread for this purpose. I don't know how this thread went from a fucking movie to a bunch of bitching???

I'm done here, are you guys??? My intentions are not to create a hostile environment, so I apologize if anyone is offended!!

Rafter's,

Do the research of put in's and take out's. Don't listen to anybody on these threads. Half the time you can get some good knowledge, and the other half is what you see on here!! I suggest talking to locals and reading books!! Enjoy and have fun!!

-Nick

1 - 20 of 47 Posts