Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any vetrans willing to give me an idea about ideal flows for the box. The gauge at belfry as dipped to 650 and I wondering if the box will still go/worth the drive. Montana surf lists 800 cfs at the low end of the range and I was planning to hit it up the following weekend but may have to make an emergency schedule change.

http://kayak.physics.orst.edu/~tpw/kayaking/display.cgi/F2/f

Thanks for any help provided.

·
Registered
404 Posts
650 is low but still worth it. I hav'nt done it that low but have heard of people doing it as low as 450. It does spike easily on rain. 1200 is the ideal level. It is definately worth traveling in there even at a low flow. 800 is actually pretty high to be called the low end, I just think those MT Surf boys like doing it with good flow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Box

I was just in the Box this past weekend, the level was med/high. They are irrigating heavily between the Box and the gauge so the level on the USGS will show a lot lower than the actuall flow. I think right now would a decent flow, but by this weekend it will be on the low side of good.
BB

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure if it would be worth it if it dropped anymore, some of the rapids develope worse sieves. Anyone else want to weigh in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts