Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get opinions on whether this is worth stopping by for. Is it one of those sales where they advertise up to 40% off and then you get there and it's mostly 10% and lacking decent inventory or is it legit? Just curious- either way CKS is a great outfit. Thanks.

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
The Paddlefest is in a sense a "trade show", where the mfrs get to not only show off their new products, but sell off their old ones. Similar events would be the Canoecopia in Madison, WI, & the one that Jersey Paddler does in NJ. The main differences here are that Paddlefest is the new kid on the block, & that Colorado is a much much cooler paddling location than either Wisconsin or New frickin' Jersey. So the mfr's are really getting behind this annual event.

Yeah, it's worth it to stop by. There are great deals & the party Sat night will be epic.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Not to put the proverbial "turd in the punchbowl", but I think you have an honest question and one that I want to clarify in regards to Jackson Kayak.

We don't allow ANY discounting of our boats by any retailer at any time (VERY rare exceptions w/ demos for schools). With that being said, potentially the only items that are not on sale at Paddlefest are the line of Jackson Kayaks.

·
Registered
911 Posts
You bet Dave...

I will be there primarily to rep Jackson Kayaks, but I will also have my "Craw Packs" both for display and for sale. My sewer is just working on a batch for those that have already ordered them and they should be done in time for Paddlefest.

I will put another post up to notify everyone that has already purchased them...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
A shameless bump. (I just want people to come up and get drunk with me Saturday night. I like beer.)

Also, I talked to John Grace a few weeks ago and he said that him and Daniel would be fresh off of their Mosely Creek attempt. That's the creek that they tried for in Amongst It when they ran the Homathko. Should be some great stories to go along with the 7 Rivers and LVM showings.

Anyone down for a night time Gore run this weekend?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Just heard from Stohlquist that they will be donating a drysuit to the raffel at the 7 Rivers Expedition premiere at Paddlefest on Saturday night. That is a $550 item! Very cool.

Huge thanks to Stohlquist for their generosity.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Craw,

It's a noble thought, no discounting, I know where EJ learned the merits of that philosophy but Jackson Kayaks are on sale on the CKS website as we speak and with a quick call to any retailer you'll see they give away accessories to "mask" the discount always.

Just calling a spade a spade here.

Joel

·
Registered
911 Posts
Joel,

Not sure what you are getting at by calling JK out on discounting and where/when EJ "learned" this? My whole point for the original post was to clarify for someone that was asking a very honest question. I would hate for him to come down looking for a discount on JK and not getting it.

From the best of my knowledge CKS has nothing that displays a discount on Jackson Kayaks, beyond a handful of last years outfitted boats (which I thought were already sold?)

And your point about "masking". Not much anyone can do about that one. Our goal is to make the best boats possible (light/comfy/well priced/watertight) with the main focus of making our retailers the most profitable in the industry. It's our promise to them and one that I think is very respectable.

Have FUN...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Buzzers

Is Mountainbuzz doing anything at the paddlefest, such as a meet and greet, so members that don't know each other can get together for a brew or two and swap lies???

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
There seems to be some confusion about Paddlefest on another thread. Just to clarify, it is absolutely free to get in to the show.

There is a charge to get in to the Official 7 Rivers Expedition Premiere of $7 and $3 for kids. This includes the gear raffel, which has extensive gear offerings from the manufacturers.

Rasdoggy, there will be plenty of chances to hang out with other mtn buzz kayakers, as well as industry ambassadors and some pro paddlers. We usually start off the festivities on Friday night with some drunken fun at the Dam Brewery, and who knows what will happen after the premiere, but it will be a blast! I vaguely remember one night of lawn mower racing and shots... Hope to see you there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts