Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Chad and crew. Just bought a new boat from CKS and they took good care of me. A little problem with FedEx delivery but CKS stepped up and took care of it. I always stop by at CKS when in the BV area and they have been a good store for many years. So....just passing on a good word when I'm happy.

tomcat

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Hey whoa there dude, dont be dissing Fedex. What did you buy?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gh said:
Hey whoa there dude, dont be dissing Fedex. What did you buy?
I thought that would get yer attention. Actually, I don't think it was an intentional deal from FedEx....just the cockpit area taping had been "opened" (prob for the purpose to pick the boat up by hand) and my new skirt, waterbottle and left foot peg were missing. One call to CKS and they all items in the mail and to me within two days. So, my statement wasn't dissing FedEX as much as praising CKS for the remedy.

What did I get? I have been looking for a boat that I would call a river runner that plays some....rather than a playboat the runs rivers some. I am not interested in a boat that throws ends or loops....just solid river running with some play. Specifically, I was wanting as much hull speed as possible (8+' length) and not so hard edges. So...after not finding anything in the newest models I went back to the trusted WS X. At $599 new with warranty, you can't beat that deal. This boat will be great for the Gorge, Numbers, Ocoee and my home stuff.

tomcat

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Just giving you crap, we make mistakes. Sounds like a good choice, you bringing it out this summer?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Good choice in boats TC. I was thinking of doing the same thing because that is my style too. I was impressed with the Pyranha I:223 though and will give that one a demo ride or two come spring to see if that one will work for me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geezer said:
Good choice in boats TC. I was thinking of doing the same thing because that is my style too. I was impressed with the Pyranha I:223 though and will give that one a demo ride or two come spring to see if that one will work for me.

But can you beat the $599 price on the X? That was a big factor in my choice. I could have been happy with several boats that kinda fit that nitch but $599 for a new boat is a very solid purchase.

It's funny in that we consider a 8' boat as having hull speed when compared to all the new shorter boats made for loops. The only problem is that these new boats can't stay on a wave and carve. But 8' still isn't like paddling the fast displacement hull boats from the past.

Another boat for speed would be the Dagger GT series that is basically an RPM with a planning hull....but still around 8'. So, I went for the better price deal from CKS on the X.

All the other newer river runners seem to big with too little playing characteristics. Such as the Diesel which is more like my Java creeker, IMHO.

Ask me how I like my choice next year if the Numbers and Gorge get above 3500 cfs........ eeeeks!!!!

tomcat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts