Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
My buddy would love to see you...

My bro, Saul, lives down at Dewey Bridge and loves visitors!

You should plan on camping with him one night. He owns an old gas station over there-I don't think he has any Red Bull for sale...you better bring your own. All he asks for is Magic Markers, whiskey and construction paper in exchange for floor space in his trailer.

But whatever you do, don't bring up "Roe vs. Wade" I think he is a little touchy.

Say "Hi" from me! If something were to happen, can I have your truck? :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
We camped on an island that was on river left, and we camped on the left side of said island. It ws ok, however, you could see headlights even though I don't remember hearing the traffic. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
camping

if you are asking about car accessible camping, you probably haven't ever been there before, cause there are many dirt roads that one could drive for less than a mile on before finding a good pull over, especially more towards cisco and further away from the moab mess. the dewey bridge area itself has tons of camping also (check out the view of the fisher towers from the "top of the world" area - SPECTACULAR) - anyways no problem car camping. if you are asking about camping on the water, i really don't know the land status, but i went on a float trip from the cisco launch (WW takeout) to moab, and our first night (15 miles in or so) - we had a great site on river left, under a big ass tree (cottonwood?) - there seemed to be dirt patches from other tents, and i think that i remember a no trespass sign and fence (we camped outside of the no trespass area (upstream or northwest) - so it seems to be a logical choice. we camped the second night on a mid-river island that was across the river from some bathrooms (convenient) that was so so.

have fun - S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts