Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Farmington white water park for the first time today. I was pretty impressed. I was running around 1700 cfs. The Animas in Durango was under 400 cfs. The water was pretty dirty in Farmington, but not so bad. Where were all you beeotches?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Damn! I just checked the graph and it hit 2,000 yesterday. I bet the surfing was good and the air was warm. I will be ready next time. :D

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,258 Posts
Marv's right
I find "Farmington" very offensive

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whatever :roll: , i was just wondering where everybody from durango and the surrounding area were for the first good play session of the season, lighten up. yours will come soon enough. It was good to get out and the hole/wave was sweet. A 45min drive south for 1,400 cfs more water was well worth it. sooo ready for spring!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Went by today....

I walked past the Farmington whitewater park this afternoon, and it still looks good, if a little dirty. Tomorrows supposed to be around 53 degrees! Too bad work keeps getting in the way! We'll see what this weekend looks like.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Directions....

The ww park is in the middle of Animas/Berg park. No matter where you park, you have to walk a little to get to the ww park itself. The best way to get ther is this: From Main street in Farmington, turn on to San Juan Blvd (San Juan runs east/west and ties Main Street and Broadway together, so you can take it from Broadway as well.) From San Juan Blvd, turn south on Tucker and drive straight to the parking area. Walk through the gate and then walk in a south/east direction to the river. Follow the river east right to the ww park. Total walk time may be 5 min. max.

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,258 Posts
shaggstyle said:
whatever :roll: ,

Youre form Durango and you dont find Farmington offensive?!
Get a sense of humor

·
Registered
580 Posts
Farmington is kind of like a cheap beer. You are disgusted at first, a little later it is tolerable, and after many trips down there, you kind of like it in a weird way.

Farmington - the Pueblo of the southwest!

·
Registered
14 Posts
ouch...

You guys are killing me! Comparing Farmington to cheap beer...wait a minute, I don't mind cheap beer as long as it's free. Ah hell, never mind.

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,258 Posts
Im just shittin yall
I love Charmington
especially the little place in Flora Vista
oh and the WW park

·
Registered
374 Posts
What is too low of a flow?

·
Registered
882 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Damn, everyone bustin on Farmington. I actually work at San Juan College and live in Durango. During spring-summer we usually spend every lunch break there at the park...the wave is pretty sweet for being close, and you dont ever have to wait in line. If you want some pics, I have some up on American Whitewater. Bottom hole is best at 1300 b/c you still have good eddy service.
Peace,
Josh

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree with shaggstyle, I was there last year when the flow was around 1000,and it would have been very easy to crack your head. I was there when it was at 3200 cfs,and it was kickin,river wide play hole. at the time I was a beginner so it pretty much ate my lunch for me.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
looks like it comming up again this weekend. anybody want to rally if it comes up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts