Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay all I remember a post earlier about helmets for children but could not find it . I buy gear for my grand kids and really have had trouble fitting them with what I consider safe helmets . Any suggestions ? ages 9-11boys .

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Hard to beat a WRSI helmet--small shell and small liner and run the back band as low as it will go behind their little necks to keep their foreheads covered.

My daughters are 8 and 10 and their WRSI's fit great.
Can't beat $79.99, either, for the safest helmets on the market.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
+1 on the WRSI. I often end up wearing kid sized hats because of my small noggin, and my WRSI fits great. Small shell and liner with the back band low was MT4Runner described. Lots of color choices and a cool design with a brim, so the kids should like it and not think it's "dorky." You can customize the fit with the different liner sizes that it comes with. Very safe helmet at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just picked up 3 of the NRS livery helmets for my kids. Highly adjustable ( fits 6 yr old up to my mellon) with much better protection/construction than their old plastic headband style helmets. About $45 which isn't bad if they each get a few yrs out of them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts