Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought some of you might enjoy a bit of rafting action from Cherry Creek/Upper Tuolumne in September this year.

I ran it twice late this summer after a pretty active season of boating weekends. This video is my second - much better run. The first time down in August - after a hiatus of more than 20 years - was rough. I’ve been on it 40+ times. But it’d been a long time. And I’m a lot different man at 55 than I was in my 30’s, I am finding!

I was lucky to follow a couple of tremendous guides from Sierra Mac down, and they were gracious with coaching and support. And I had some great paddlers with me; Todd and Kim.

Glad to hear your impressions and feedback. Can’t wait to get up there again next year.

Here’s a showcase on Vimeo with our other stuff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fantastic boating and great video. Congrats. Super impressive setting-up for those slots. Wow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey zip. I’m assuming this is Barry? I was one of the guys who set safety for you on Ruck a Chucky about a month ago. Do you have any footage of that? I’d love too see your first person view.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hey there! Thanks so much for setting safety for me that day! I was grateful to have to a good run at Ruck-a-Chucky, and felt better with some backup there!
Here's my MFA video. The run at the falls starts at 3:35.
Connect with me on Facebook or DM me if you'd like to connect for runs next year.
Thanks again!

Hey zip. I’m assuming this is Barry? I was one of the guys who set safety for you on Ruck a Chucky about a month ago. Do you have any footage of that? I’d love too see your first person view.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
zipkruse, that MFA video is so cool, I particularly enjoyed the part where your rafting through the cave with your daughters, I have never rafted through a cave, very neat. I am a long time fishing person myself. That video just brings together so many things about rafting that I enjoy. Thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zipkruse, that MFA video is so cool, I particularly enjoyed the part where your rafting through the cave with your daughters, I have never rafted through a cave, very neat. I am a long time fishing person myself. That video just brings together so many things about rafting that I enjoy. Thanks for sharing it.
Thanks so much for the nice comments! I'm so happy to have these videos to re-live the experiences and sustain me through winter! Glad you enjoyed them, too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts