Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

for those of you who want to check off another hairy creek, Cherry Creek reservoir will be releasing 170 cfs into the urban stretch starting at 6am.

Be aware this run has tons of hazards. many low bridges and pin spots without warning. But there is also some interesting man made (unintentional) surfing. Notable surf spots include Channel 7 news at 6th and speer, the "Denver General" slide right across from the hospital. and "sawyers lament" a Large hole at Larimer St. there is also great surfing in the Denver Country club, though this is definitely considered trespass.

I have run from the cherry creek mall to the confluence a couple of times at flood stage and the best description I can think of is Concrete Jungle.

Have Fun Be safe

jon

·
Registered
389 Posts
What scares me on this run is all those bridges that are 24 inches high. They look like death traps, or just constant portage pain.

I love the idea of floating through the country club.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The wave at Bannock Street is pretty goofy-lookin' with some water on that slide. Might be the Denver General Jon mentioned? Right by the Caddy dealer. Spuds were a little too short to stay on very long when we did it, but I don't recall the level. CC with water is a novelty, but fun. (Except the CC Hole, which I think is the best play hole in Colorado, except for the fact it runs about once a year.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts