Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Probably the coolest squirt boat video I've ever seen....which has been somewhat limited since I haven't been too drawn toward it. It was nice to see the areal footage and different angles all around - the helmet cam just doesn't quite do much to show what's being done under water in a squirt boat.
Thanks for posting it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I really enjoy squirt boating, but it's always a challenge to get my kayaking friends to see/understand what's going on down there. GoPro has really changed the game for making squirt boating a little more visibly accessible. Definitely looking forward to exploring some CO seams this spring!!!
Stephen

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Probably the coolest squirt boat video I've ever seen....which has been somewhat limited since I haven't been too drawn toward it. It was nice to see the areal footage and different angles all around - the helmet cam just doesn't quite do much to show what's being done under water in a squirt boat.
Thanks for posting it!

Absolutely! It was great to see the view from directly overhead; it cut most glare and the water was beautifully clear.

Very cool video!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nice segment. Curiosity when a person starts out at this is it something that leads to a lot of swims? Definitely seems like a mind body and space awareness thing. Digg'n the Joe Cool.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the watch

K,
Not usually much swimming. The boats are ridiculously easy to roll compared to most WW kayaks. You're also so tightly squeezed into the boats, that it'd take 5 - 10 seconds to get out, so most don't try it until they have a pretty good roll. We also don't take them into situations where we'd need to swim very often :) BUT they're an amazing toy to enjoy different kinds of river features and the sensations of being "wrapped in the river" is like nothing else in kayaking.
Stephen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts