Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's winter time and the buzz is pretty slow, so I figured I'd post some pics of these sweet cat tubes from Custom Inflatables.

They are ultra light 12'x19", two chambers per tube with longitudinal baffles.

The proud owner Eric who is paralyzed from the waist down, is using the rig not only as his play machine, but he'll also be using this boat as a platform to demonstrate the potentials of Adaptive Whitewater and raise awareness for the cause.

Visit the WVOnTheGo.com 'Community Accessibility Improvement Project & Free Accessible Adventure Guide', which is a personal service project Eric has been working on with the goals to bring about positive change, improve ADA/universal design accessibility, and promote accessible adventure tourism (bringing in new business) in the region.

The full website isn't up yet but the Facebook page has some information. Any boater in WV will know that the majority of rivers in the state have terrible access making inclusive recreation difficult. Hopefully we can all do a little to help improve access to the river for people with disabilities.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sounds like a good cause. My first thought when I saw the shape of the tubes was: They should be black and yellow instead, then they would look like big bananas. Giving new meaning to the Banana Boat!
:D

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen them in person yet, but I think the color is off in this pic. I'm pretty sure they are blue and gold WVU Mountaineers colors. Those tips do look like a banana.

·
Mile 157
60 Posts
Sweet tubes, and that's coming from a cat boater. Great stoke from Eric on the nice boat and on the WVOnTheGo.com cause. Thanks for sharing the positive power of change out there boating can have on everyone. I can definitely think of a few places in Tucker County along some rivers there that could benefit from this program. Awesome idea!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Handi-kat

These are my new babys.

We called the project the 'Handi-kat' (playing off handicap) and the colors are white and accessible blue (or as close as possible) to go along with the theme.

~et

:twisted:

·
Banned
258 Posts
I think those are awesome, love the non mainstream choice and the quality looks great on them. Where's the fun in running a boat like everyone else has. A pretty boring world if we all drove a ford focus. Nice!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okie, I'm sure Attila would be stoked to sell more cat tubes. Those old timers down in WV don't do much in the way of modern marketing, so I doubt you'll be seeing an ad on the buzz or anything. One of the reasons I always try to promote their great product and custom service.

Eric, could you enlighten us on your progress with your frame and seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts