Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tore a muscle a while ago and was facing the long Memorial Day weekend trying to find something to do while all of my friends were out kayaking. Some relatives were in town and wanted to go on a hike, so instead of more miserable couch surfing I scoped out a hike that I had been contemplating for a long time. I had seen hikers and bikers while scouting but was amazed at how easy it was to get in there, basically there is a great 2.5 mile trail that goes directly to the california section. This is one of the most beautifull places I have seen in Colorado, you should check it out. Round trip with scouting all there is to see and hiking back out would be about 8 miles.

Drive 36 west from lyons, just past Pinewood Springs turn left on CR-47 (Big Elk Meadows) and drive 3 miles to a fork in the road, take the left fork for 1/2 mile to a large parking lot/camping area. Take an immediate left and it's about 100 feet to the trailhead. here is a link to a topo map of the hike

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/photos/?photoid=11029

·
Registered
911 Posts
Right on Brian... Thanks for the heads up. I have been wanting to get a looksee at that section without having to commit to the whole NSV run just to check it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts