Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to pick up a new drytop in the $250 range to replace my NRS leaky, leaky, seam separatey, velcro worthlessy wet top.

Bomber gear had some good deals, but it looks like their website is down. Suggestions? Good deals people are aware of right now?

In return: Video of yours truly flopping over Tunnel Falls like a wounded fish.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Dan,
IR will be releasing a new "price point" drytop this spring called the Arch Rival if you can wait that long- Dealers should have them by March! It will retail for $275- and will be a full latex gasket drytop, with a short sleeve version as well, that will also have full latex gaskets-that will retail for $225. The color choices will be Orange/grey or Cactus Green/Grey. Cheers!

·
Registered
170 Posts
IR makes a great drytop for a reasonable price! If you don't want to wait for the Arch Rival, check in paddling stores now, they might have sales going on last year's tops.

It will probably be more than $250...but I don't think you'll find any NEW drytop for $250...

Used ones can sometimes be scary unless you know they haven't been worn all that much (since you say you are looking for bomber-dry).

If all else fails, keep on eye on Steep and Cheap Steep and Cheap: Mountain Hardwear Brono Jacket - Men's - $109.99 - 51% off

I've seen drytops come up on this site more than once.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just picked up a kok rogue for $290 online. There's good deals going on right now.

You can find:
Kok rogues for ~300
Sweet shadrach for $245 (they're goretex, and I've read they're as durable as the koks, but I've yet to hear much about the c/s)
Northern Lights Trading Co. - Outdoor Gear in Bozeman, Montana: Arc'teryx, Black Diamond, NRS, Patagonia
Peakuk creeker $199
Peak UK Creeker Drytop Rocky Mountain Kayak
Peakuk deluxe $159 from the same site
Kok helixes can be had for $150-200

Those seem to be the good deals going on right now.
(I've been researching for my wife lately.....that's how I knew about these ones)

Other than those, you can look at the bomber gear top if you can find one, the level six Mack if you can find a deal, or the ir Comp jackets if you can find them cheap.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'd call on your local shops. I bet they are clearing house for winter. Thanks for leaving the small plastic container in the dry bag! I will return the container although the contents have been exhausted.

·
Super Moderator
4,104 Posts
In return: Video of yours truly flopping over Tunnel Falls like a wounded fish.
Dan,

I just watched the video and think you can certainly get sponsored as a wounded fish.

·
Registered
222 Posts
the best bang for the buck I've found is a Kokatat Rogue. More expensive at first...cheaper in the long haul.
Buying used can be a great way to go, as Kokatat can fix it up to damn near new standards for a $100.00 or so (better check with Kokatat for price...new gaskets, fix seams and pin holes...just make sure the fabric is in good shape and it's priced right from the seller)

·
Registered
92 Posts
All drytops on sale...what size?

Het Dan,

we have lots of drytops on sale right now. 25-40% off depending on brand/ model

we stock, Kokatat, IR, level6 and your fav NRS
what size are you looking for??

juan
Confluence Kayaks
303-433-3676 or pm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts