Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Scoyoc
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where to pick up some cheap ammo cans? I heard you can get cheap ones in Cisco, UT (although from the looks of Cisco I think I'd do better scoring meth)?

Cheers!
MVS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Co-ops?

I've found good boxes at Basin Co-op in Durango. Might be worth a trip to your local co-op or farm supply. Cool stuff, even if they don't have the ammo cans...

·
aka The Curmudgeon
354 Posts
Anybody know where to pick up some cheap ammo cans? I heard you can get cheap ones in Cisco, UT (although from the looks of Cisco I think I'd do better scoring meth)?

Cheers!
MVS
Jax in Ft Collins and new store in Loveland. $6-7 for a nice .30 cal or .50 cal and no freight! Sometimes they have 20mm Rocket Boxes for about $20. Hard to find nice ones, though.

Regarding Cisco, we lost a member of our party there in '02. Scraggly looking longhaired old bastard, answers to the name of Sunshine, sings the "We Like The Moon" song incessantly. If you see him, don't call. On the other hand, if they have ammo cans, Buy Them. Or buy Ice Cream. Or anything they got! They need and deserve our support.

Peace

·
Registered
63 Posts
Saw some on that trailer at Cisco, but couldn't tell where/who to see. Maybe ask at the store when you're getting that ice cream. Might check out GearHeads here in Moab, too. Don't recall their prices.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Guy who sells the ammo cans in Cisco sells them for cheap and he's a nice guy. The driveway is just to the right of the salvaged truck bed/trailer with ammo cans on it, as you come from the WW takeout the truck/turn is on your left just before you hit the store.

I was just there in early June and he had a ton of cans going for something between 5-8$, But no Rocket Boxes if thats what your looking for. Its a really good deal and after poking around for a bit all the cans I saw were in good condition with solid gaskets.

Hope this helps,
-Targos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts