Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems Siskiyou county has an eager Sheriff who likes to write tickets. We were diving along the Klamath at a reasonable speed and slowed a bit when we entered a small hamlet. The sheriff was following and promptly pulled a friend over for impeding traffic, ie driving too slow with a raft trailer. He followed me for a bit and I pulled aside and let him pass, and received no ticket. So if you are on the Klamath river road pull over promptly and let him pass. We were doing just about the speed limit, except to slow down when we entered small burgs. Would love to hear from anyone that received a ticket from this over eager sheriff.:confused:

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Upper Klamath also has a higher than normal presence of feds on the scene also.
Be warned .... many indian native sites in the area are unmarked. The Klamath is also the land of the Pit River indians, so any pit in the ground could be an unmarked native site. Do not disturb. If you do, they will run you down and you will get a federal wrap sheet and a big big fine. I know a guy who cleaned trash out of a pit, built a sweat lodge and carefully removed all rocks and every bit of impact from the sweat lodge, then later was tracked down by the DOI and fined, bullied and threatened with imprisonment.
As for the Sheriff, he is probably young and trigger happy. If we keep driving slow through the towns. Trailering does require extra attention skills and cops always get the right of way, so use your rear view mirrors... alot!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts