Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being dyslexic and all, speyfiters really cool thread got me wondering, Does anyone have any CATARACT videos they want to post? Got to be some videos of huge water in cat out there, ( and even less huge water) plus some big carnage. Any little catarafts running it?

·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet! Thanks for posting, any idea what it was running? Surfs up in satan's Gut!

·
Registered
11 Posts
We were there at about the same time and it was 5-6K... Low but fun and great weather. I have never seen so many people in the doll's house. Nice to see people getting out but different scene for sure. Still amazed at how friendly people are the the four corners compared to the Left coast states.

·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awww!!! Eat the meat!
Think he forgot to attach the frame?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Awww!!! Eat the meat!
Think he forgot to attach the frame?
I have friend who was on this trip with them, and as you can see in the video they only had 4 of the NRS fatty straps holding the frame to the boat (2 on each side). All that weight and force, amazingly he said the straps didn't break they just got yanked right through the buckles, luckily one of em still held on or they'd have probably lost the frame haha! Lesson learned - when you strap everything to the frame, it helps to make sure the frame stays ON the boat hahaha! After watching this I'll never use less than 8 straps to strap my frame to my boat.

·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Holy shit! The way little niagra d-rigged there boat, it was like nothing was holding it on, think I will buy longer straps to go around my tubes now, and replace my d- rings that the other frame straps go to!

Jmack, that run of yours looked super fun in a yak! Kinda like some BIG wavy gravy!
Have only run it up to about 30,000 in rafts, was kinda munchie, besides eddy walls, and big waves, was there anything devastating to rafts?

·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So much vastness and raw power down there.
Thanks for the awesome video's! Keep em coming :D

·
Registered
820 Posts
Holy shit! The way little niagra d-rigged there boat, it was like nothing was holding it on, think I will buy longer straps to go around my tubes now, and replace my d- rings that the other frame straps go to!

Jmack, that run of yours looked super fun in a yak! Kinda like some BIG wavy gravy!
Have only run it up to about 30,000 in rafts, was kinda munchie, besides eddy walls, and big waves, was there anything devastating to rafts?
Honestly, at 70,000, the rapids were mostly washed out. No more rocks in the river and really no pour overs either. Mostly just big surgy waves. Big drop 2/3 (one rapid) still had more defined features, but really just waves. I would note that some of those waves were 20-25 feet tall, so that would flip most rafts pretty easily. As you might guess, the eddy lines were perhaps the hardest part. It would be impossible to get an oar rig into many of the eddies. Also, build in some extra time for getting shaken down by the NPS for no apparent reason.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts