Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing Aire Jag tubes but need a frame to go with it. I have tried to contact Canyon Inflatables but they have not responded. I really like their swiftwater frame. Any ideas on who else to go with? I am located in SW WA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Kdub

We are working through emails and phone messages as fast as possible. All of our workforce is in the shop and we don't have a dedicated secretary for answering phones. We receive around 30-50 new boat inquiries daily and try and return calls or emails in the evenings and early mornings. We can probably put that whole package together for you as an OEM manufacturer we have access to all major brands on the market and it usually saves quite a bit over buying frame and inflatable seperate.

We have a huge wait list at this point so it depends on your time frame if we can to take on your project. We are currently doing boat packages for multiple people on mountainbuzz. Dave is a great guy and fabricator but is specialized in smaller playboat frames and often sends customers to us for bigger boats as we
have been sending people to him on the smaller frames during our backlog

Anyone highly qualified in Aluminum and Titanium work , CNC operator or experience operating laser bed cutting equipment we are hiring. We are looking for another full time welder highly experienced in TIG process.
Canyon

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking at purchasing Aire Jag tubes but need a frame to go with it. I have tried to contact Canyon Inflatables but they have not responded. I really like their swiftwater frame. Any ideas on who else to go with? I am located in SW WA.
I would stay clear of Canyon Inflatables. I know of a few people in the last year that have gone there and had lots of issues. mostly taking months longer that estimated and not getting everything that they paid for. He runs a scam of selling you Custom Canyon tubes but then give you Maxxon tubes when delivered.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Check out Recretec, they make nice frames, boxes etc.
Madcatr makes nice day frames if you don't mind waiting a year. Nice choice with the Jag, but you're going to be needing a larger frame, probably a 4-5 bay.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
You didnt mention what type of boating you want to do. Primarily gear or play or combo. I have a friend selling a used steel one but I have no details on it. hes selling it with the lion tubes but would probably seperate. Pm me if you are interested.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
I would stay clear of Canyon Inflatables. I know of a few people in the last year that have gone there and had lots of issues. mostly taking months longer that estimated and not getting everything that they paid for. He runs a scam of selling you Custom Canyon tubes but then give you Maxxon tubes when delivered.
I second this.

Madcatr makes the bestest frames, but his turnaround time is now into 2016 from what I have heard. Dusty at DRL is a solid guy, I second recommending checking him out. Neil Nikirk out of California is also repping some frames that look interesting, pretty simple but they break down really small which may be a bonus. You can find him on the google by searching for something like nocoolers. He is also on facebook.

Edit- I see that you are talking about a frame for a Jag. I'm talking more playboat frames. If I were you I'd probably just get an NRS frame so it is flexible. Heavy, but flexible. I don't like that they don't have scout bars but I'm guessing with a Jag you want a floor so scout bars are a moot point then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was new to cats when I put together my Jag. We were running the tight and tech rivers of MT, ID and CO at the time and now we live in the SW doing the Colorado, San Jaun, Yampa and are planning on tbe Salt and Verde ect.

We bought a NRS 72"x120". I've practically worn the the nuts and u-bolts out changing it around so many times. It's been rigged sparse and it been rigged geared and heavy. Rowed front, back and center.

It's been a good experience IMO. After a few years of turning bolts and sliding bars, switching seats, coolers, drybox's, plywood decks, trampolines and passengers around.

I almost feel like I know what I would want in a welded frame

·
Registered
148 Posts
You'd think that with how busy Canyon is with new orders and pushing frames out the door as fast as they can make em, it might make just a little sense to hire a person to man the phones... customer service is kinnnda important.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry for Intruding

Forgive my intrusion. I have been a long time listener, but first time caller on the Buzz. I enjoy the antics and down right frank discussions every morning over coffee. This is the first time I have felt the need to post, since the topic is near and dear to my pocket book, and truthfully I'm very concerned.

I have had a Canyon boat on order for a year. They cashed my deposit check on March 11 2014. They have been unresponsive to phone calls and e-mails for over three months. No radical changes to plans, no funky requests just a stock well made American boat. I have almost given up hope of ever seeing a boat or my deposit again… Since this and a Oregon Board are the only place I've seen life from CWI I thought I would try.

Please again forgive my intrusion.

Be smart with your money, some lessons are down right spendy.

J.Mazzone

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes, Dave from Madcatr makes the best frames in the business - especially if you're into Class V expedition style trips. The only downsides are that they're probably the most expensive and have long wait times.

Dusty at DRL make beautiful frames that are well designed, more affordable, and available.

Both Dusty and Dave are great guys who are legit boaters.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts