Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 16 NRS River Cat with the Top Cat frame. I am noticing some rubbing that seems to be causing some damage. Specifically, the lower rails are rubbing up against the side of the tube and causing some wear.

They run the extra rubber on the top of the tube but not the insides. Anyone else have this problem? Solutions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was always instructed that if any rub is happening on the inside of the tubes, the cams are not tight enough, causing tubes to move differently than frame, thus rub. I get mine very very tight and the small amount of rub that exsisted before I changed how i strap the tubes to the frame has stopped. chafe strip also helps for sure!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I've got a 16 NRS River Cat with the Top Cat frame. I am noticing some rubbing that seems to be causing some damage. Specifically, the lower rails are rubbing up against the side of the tube and causing some wear.

They run the extra rubber on the top of the tube but not the insides. Anyone else have this problem? Solutions? Thanks in advance.
A system six chafe would be more expensive and time-consuming but will last forever

1 - 4 of 4 Posts