Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm heading down tomorrow, what is with all the drytops?!! I was just going to bring a shorty. What is all this talk about a pants? I was just going bring shorts. Any other beta I need on temps.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
info

Ciudad Valles is in the mountains and can get chilly. This is where the Micos, Salto, Santa Maria rivers are. We have fires every night, it gets that chilly. The water temps are not to bad, but I still wore a drytop with light layers. It warms up as you get closer to Vera Cruz, but the bugs get bad. And jungle bushwacking can take a toll on your legs, hence da pants.

·
Registered
84 Posts
COG,
its quite weather dependent. A few days when we were there 2 years ago it was in the 90's with warm water, so I just wore my PFD with no shirt. But another group the said it was rainy and in the low 70's one week prior to our trip. My gf wore her dry top every day.

Tim

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
How are the flows? Does it look like they will hold out until early january? If you're in the neighborhood, you should definitely go to veracruz and check out the alsesseca - well worth the drive, I've heard.
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts